Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro

Scammed by user egb16b

Hey everyone, I just thought this was worth sharing. So please beware if you are considering purchasing anything from the user egb16b.

The user egb16b was advertising a set of coilovers to suit a Honda Accord Euro CL7/9. Found here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ddyclub-P1-***
    I went ahead and made the purchase.

Upon arrival of the item, egb16b had sent me coilovers to suit an Honda Accord CF6. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to fit the coilovers, only to find that they do not fit.

I then tried to contact the user on the 6/4/12, but to no avail. I still have not received any sort of response from the user, I have even seen him online numerous times.

I had clearly stated in my PMs and SMSs I was looking for coilovers to suit a CL7/9. His thread had even stated the coilovers were to suit a CL7/9. Upon further research, I found a thread he had started querying the fitmet of CF6 coilovers onto a CL7/9 Accord Euro found here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...lovers-fit-CL9

I've requested a mod to contact me about the issue, but I still have not heard anything for the past 3 weeks. Is anything going to be done? It is a real shame that the moderators show no interest in these matters. Really puts me off purchasing anything off this site again.

View the post below to see further details about the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by xiang View Post
    Hi Sam,

I've attached below the trail of the sale. You can see that I have clearly stated the chassis number in the PM subject. Even your for sale thread stated coilovers were to suit a CL9 Accord Euro. You've gone ahead and changed this already.

Below I've attached the sms trail, again you can see I clearly quote my chassis number. You even go and say that you had successfully fitted them previously.

I took the off chance that they may have actually fitted, and tried to install them. They do not fit. I've attached below images of the fitment issues. This happened on the first corner we tried. The stock bottom bolt also does not fit the chamber of the coilover.

Below is an image of the label on the coilovers clearly stating the chassis model "CF6"

Again Sam, can you please contact me today to resolve this issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    The only response that will arise from this thread is a "leave negative feedback".

Thats just the way it works, it seems mods/admin dont want to play a part in fixing these problems.

Its been this way in the past, and i cant see it changing.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Here is the important part, from here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=10

NOTE: This information is provided purely as assistance and Ozhonda is in no way responsible for your dealings with other users,individuals or organisations. You buy/sell goods and services on Ozhonda at your own risk.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Thanks for the heads up mate

Nice trail of evidence there to support your case too

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    The only response that will arise from this thread is a "leave negative feedback".

Thats just the way it works, it seems mods/admin dont want to play a part in fixing these problems.

Its been this way in the past, and i cant see it changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Here is the important part, from here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=10
    That's fine, I understand that. I'd be happy with any response, just acknowledge the issue, I'm not seeking a mod to resolve the issue, my main concern is other users getting scammed by the same user, hence this thread.
    Last edited by xiang; 23-04-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typo

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Could it be possible to mod it to fit? Drill the eyelet hole bigger and cut the bush down?
    Other than that, spring rates/dampening could be different etc

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Hi and thanks for brining this to our attention. A quick look at the user history shows there is a cause for concern.

For anyone buying / selling items we first urge you ALL to read the following thread:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=10

Then if things don't pan out (or even if they do) follow the suggestions here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=11&a=4

To the OP, I see you have contacted us and I apologise for not getting back to you. An email coming your way. Basically there isn't much we can do to have the seller contact you. If however you do take legal action then we can provide all the details as required.

Just a note that we've had issues like this in the past and successfully dealt with them thanks to member feedback
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    If u want this resolved, just file a police record and then obtain all the accused user membership info, IP address, history etc via the moderators/owner of this forum.

Otherwise the police can request these information directly from the mods if the mods cant provide u the details.

Dont take the law matter into your own hands as you can either do worse or resolve nothing at all.

(only if its a matter of life and death).
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Thanks for your responses..

We're in different states, which makes it a little more difficult.

Just a suggestion with the trade rating. The user did have 1 or 2 negative comments, I did try to click these prior to the purchase, it took me straight to the relevant sales thread. I'm able to see the negative feedback left on a user's wall, but additional comments are not visible to all users. Why is this?

I think giving users additional information about other peoples positive or negative experience with a seller/buyer is so valuable, especially when users are taking all the risk.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/honda
    Last edited by xiang; 09-09-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Doesnt matter which state the accused is located. File a police report at your local police station and provide evidence, transcript etc.

Best to PM mods first to find out what information cam be provided at this initial stage. Then go from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by XB-16-AX View Post
    Doesnt matter which state the accused is located. File a police report at your local police station and provide evidence, transcript etc.

Best to PM mods first to find out what information cam be provided at this initial stage. Then go from there.
    I would even consider taking the case to Judge Judy

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    I would even consider taking the case to Judge Judy
    Trololololololol