Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T

Why does my amp cut out ?

like the title says
    after listening to my system for a while pretty loud.. say 10 mins or so... my amp will cut out.. then after a while it will come back on..
    anyone help me out here ?
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    yeah bro.. check ur power wiring... if everyfing secure it cud b that ur battery not strong enough... so it cuts out wen not enuf power... if it aint ur battery den i can only say ur amp is faulty..
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I get the same thing, and only my sub amp seems to cut out.

I'm thinking its my battery (over 2.5 years old easily).
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Does ur interior lights dim on hard pounding thumps of bass?

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    hmmmmmm it dims very slightly...
    and on some songs it seems to cut out on exactly the same part of the song each time..
    id watch the green light on the amp and it will turn off then come back on on certain parts of songs...
    and another thing.. when i brake it gets louder lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    You need to check your power and remote lines. If you have a multi metre you will be able to use that. I would say it may be a problem with your cables. It may not be grouded properly.
    Last edited by civic__dd; 31-10-2004 at 04:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    if an amp is under heavy load for a while then it goes into protect mode. basically uv cooked the amp. how big is ur powerful is the amp that are driving the subs. i always tend to buy an amp that exceeds the speakers. ie if u have a 100w speaker i use a 200w amp so if im driving the system really hard the amp is only operating at half of its cabability.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    oh ok hmmmm well the amp is response 2 x 100
    the sub is a alpine type r 300wrms
    i do need a bigger amp though
    and i think the ground is a problem
    when i press the buttons on the deck i can hear it in the speakers

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    if yourr lights are dimmin.... get yourself a new altenator or jus get a capacitor installed... and check the heat of your amp when you playing.... might not be ventilated enuff to breath...if it gets too hot to touch, then get a fan in there...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    is it only cutting on high volume? if it is do you have capacitor? if you don't have a cap, you bat is probably almost dead, need replacing and best to invest on a dry cell

if you do have a cap....and this is from personal experiance, there might be a fault on the cap.

get a multimeter and check the voltage on the amps terminal and check the voltage...could be bad wiring or bad grounding

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTI-S
    hey.. mine cut's out like your's does too.. only on a really hot day 40degs, at <66% of the volume.

Also my lights dim when i have the rear demister on, or air con on.

i'm pretty sure it's my battery.. it was replaced a few years back, and it was replaced with some smaller battery.

I think it was cheap at the time, and it was enough to power the rest of the car. this was before i had any car audio, apart from the stock setup.

I think i'll go change my battery too..

anyone know where's a good place to buy an Optima Batt??
    Last edited by JohnnyBoy; 09-11-2004 at 04:11 PM. Reason: forgot to add the bit about my lights dimming

by the sounds of things, if all wiring is correct i would say its just your amp overheating and going into protective mode. after a few minutes after it cools abit it comes back on? i doubt its your battery.