Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    this could be a really dumb question... but which one is the power wiring??
    is that the one connected to the battery?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 HRV
    As jhonny boy said..mine only cuts out on really hot or humid days.... so im guessin its an overheating problem..so whats the best way to get some air back there?????

PC fans! 12cm 12V DC ball bearing.. lol

FR33K, I am guessing that the issue lies with the installation. Before you go out spending thousands buying things you don't need, please bring the car down here so I can diagnose it for you.

Email me for more details.

Fhrx777@bigpond.net

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    It might be the battery.

My system has been fine for the last few years (installed myself) and only in the last few months have I had issues with the amp cutting out when turning it up as well as the lights diming (didn't do it before). My battery is on the way out (had a few problems starting on cold nights) and I'm attributing it to that
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Might be the battery, on my old car it was. I just went and bought myself an Optima yellowtop! YUMMY! expensive but its a farkin great battery and holds a shitload of power for its size.

This probably sounds simple but doesn't the car electronics run off the alternator when the car is running? So what does a weak battery have to do with anything?

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type r

reason why

hey mate the reason why your amp seem to be cutting in and out is because it is getting hot so proection cut in and shut the amp down so it dosen't cook the inside of your amp your best bet to do is to go out and pruchase a mono block amp for your subs if you need help in pruchasing one i'am installer and salemans by trade so just pm i'll be glad to help but here are a few suggestion that i would by if your only running one type r i would get a kicker kx400.1 but if your got to our more get a kicker 600.1 or 1200.1 but there are cheaper options to

Sounds like you are suffering from the same problem as me, and i was told it was my battery, but then other times it's heat. It doesnt help that its a cheap amp either .

If your lights are dimming replace your battery, but it couldn't hurt to ventilate your amp a bit more.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTI-S
    hehe.. had my car serviced and got my spark plugs replaced..

my lights don't dim anymore..

even with all the air con, demister, etc switched on..

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Also check your connections. Poor connectors at the battery/amp terminals and/or power splitters can cause cutting out.

Especially check your batter terminal connections. I checked/cleaned my terminal connectors (still with the old battery) and its not cutting out anymore like it used to
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq