Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

High end security system

Anyone seen this before? Is it true that this won't work on CAN bus or will it just require more labour? It's supposed to be the best around and I checked out WoW and JB Hifi and they don't sell it.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MESE:IT

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    i work in the industry and have never heard of clifford alarms, and concidering no one else has leaving us to conclude its only sold on ebay, its probably a peice of shit, and good luck getting some one to fit it/warranty it if something goes wrong, and unless its canbus specific its not compatable with a canbus equipped car as a standard electrical system and a canbus system are completly different, canbus works on signal pulses where as a traditional electrical system works on relays and electrical triggers

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by euro_tr4sh View Post
    i work in the industry and have never heard of clifford alarms, and concidering no one else has leaving us to conclude its only sold on ebay, its probably a peice of shit, and good luck getting some one to fit it/warranty it if something goes wrong, and unless its canbus specific its not compatable with a canbus equipped car as a standard electrical system and a canbus system are completly different, canbus works on signal pulses where as a traditional electrical system works on relays and electrical triggers
    Would you know if a 06 RB1 Odyssey is a Canbus or standard electical system? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    Cifford is comparable to DEI alarms, there quite good alarm systems.

Only problem is there not aussie standard
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    06 odyssey is just a standard job, not canbus

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    clifford is what some americans use.. ist pretty good from what i've heard

Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    clifford is what some americans use.. ist pretty good from what i've heard
    This is correct, and not to diss the other guy, but I believe opening your mouth up like that is just ignorant. It's like saying "JL Audio sucks" because it isn't very widely sold in places like WoW and things like that. Lemme guess...you have a Pioneer System with Clarion speakers? Read up before you post or stfu.

Directed owns many powerful brands – that’s why we say Directed is The Brand Above many of the best-known trade names in consumer electronics including Viper®, Python®, Clifford®, Astroflex® and Autostart® in vehicle security and remote start; Orion®, Precision Power®, West Coast Customs® and Xtreme® in mobile audio; Polk Audio® and Definitive Technology® in home audio; and Directed Video® in mobile video. Plus do-it-yourself electronic products in the ReadyRemote® line, and portable GPS Navigation systems in the Clifford Scout® line.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    ive heard of them, supposed to be a big seller in the US
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Dude you probably haven't been in the industry long, and if you have...you must not get out much outside of what suppliers come door to door....

Featured in CNET.
    http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5619682-1.html

An old model Avantguard is still selling in the UK for 999GBP
    http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/cliff...ard-p-607.html

A simple search of cars with a "clifford alarm" on Autotrader.com reveals cars such as Vipers, BMWs, WRXs, Supras, Mustangs, Lexus, Mercedes, etc. Yeah they must be a "piece of $hit"

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1241933487409

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by p.terribilis View Post
    Lemme guess...you have a Pioneer System with Clarion speakers? Read up before you post or stfu.
    alpine 9835 running pxa-h701 processor with rux701 stand alone controller, morel supremo tweeters running off butler tube driver blue 2.150 2channel amp, image dynamics cx64 mids running off a steg qmos 310.2 2 channel amp, dd 9115 15" sub running off an old school us amps class ab 2 channel giving the sub aboud 2.8k rms, got about 4 bulk packs of dynamat throughout the car, dynamat xtreme liner on the front floors and dynaliner in the rear ... also got a brax multi controller to keep an eye on things aswell as a brax ipc 2 farad cap, running 2 optima d 34 yallow tops, one up front and one up back with a redarc isolation system, all stinger cabling, distro's, relays, and solenoids.... pioneer and clarion's a bit out of my leauge haha... but your right, iv only heard of the alarms thet a common stock in car audio stores... car audio is what i do for a living, car audio is what i spend my time learning about and researching... not alarms, as part of my job i have to install them, but they bore me and i have better things to read up on than the latest and greatest car alarm, but hey, what would i know...

ps- by your last post's reasoning, if i put some sony xplod 4" in a bently gt, that would mean they're good would it??? oh and have you ever seen directed's "Xtreme" stuff? its shit... the subs literally fall apart, dust caps come off, the cap over the magnet is glued on and falls off 4-5 times, you'v just cut and pasted that from a website you douche, your the one who came on here asking about that alarm so quite clearly you know f%&k all about it aswell, you clearly dont know much else about car audio either... jl audios sold all over australia by jb hifi, its one of the most common brands around haha!! what a clown!
    Last edited by euro_tr4sh; 11-05-2009 at 08:26 PM.

It was a rhetorical question...I don't care what you have, or want to know your wish list. And lets see, how can I use your previous statements in the same manner...oh yes...let see...

leaving us to conclude its only sold on ebay, its probably a peice of shit
    ps- by your last post's reasoning, if i
    purchase a
    bently gt
    , on ebay that would mean it's a piece of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by euro_tr4sh View Post

lol..... what a small industry you must be working in...