Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by B18cEG View Post
    just get a thread chaser ot a die of the correct size and just go over the bolt again, on the other hand whenever doing something like this where you need to hammer the bolt/thread always have a nut further up on there so that if the thread does get a little damaged, when you undo the nut it will repair the thread.

Good luck,
    I got a new OEM honda ball joint for around $70 i think off memory and pressed it in at a workmates house (has a press).

He made up a special press piece for it on the laithe and we still had so much hassle that we ended up hammering the joints back in via a vice (mind you, we had a perfect fitting adaptor made up from a lathe so it wouldnt hit the wrong parts of the joint). If you look at the way the knuckle is moulded its near impossible to situate it in a press correctly to install a ball joint unless you have all the appropriate equipment...

I think a shop would charge you quiet a sum to press it in. I was charged $40 on a different car for ball-joints pressed in.

$100 - $200 i would expect including the joint.

Definately try run a die over it/file the threads out with small file/thread file. However you can. If you can repair it good. If not it's going to be a hassle.
    Last edited by Paul1985; 05-05-2009 at 12:35 PM.