Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6

Question which new white headlight bulb

hey guys,
    my normal driving lights (low beam) on the Right side is blown so i need a replacement. I want the white light look but i cant afford HID atm. So i was plannin to get normal halogen bulbs but a whiter colour.

which ones do u guys recommend? which is the best?

phillips crystal? phillips vision plus? i dont want blue so which kelvin should i avoid? like whats the limit? 4300k?
    also would supercheap or autobahn stock these? how much would they roughly cost? dont post internet/ebay links coz i dont buy online!

if i change the low beams, would i also have to change the parkers? coz dont parkers come on at the same time as low beam and if u have low beam on with white bulbs, wont u still see the yellowish tinge of the parker lights?

last qn, would these headlights BLIND oncoming traffic like if i had HID without projectors? i dont want to blind oncoming traffic as well..

btw car is 5th gen prelude?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Mazda 323 SP20
    Philips SilverVision!

On sale at autobarn for $50 as I speak.
    Ive got numerous amounts of mates that use them and I myself swear by them!

EDIT:
    My bulbs are also 4200k

If you get the on sale pack they come with the parkers aswell.
    These parkers are blue though not yellow and its hardly noticeable.

They will also NOT blind oncoming traffic like HID kits do.

To find bulb sizes just take a look at your bulb before going in.
    Mine where the H4.
    Last edited by BOO IT; 06-05-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: forgot info.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    cool thanks! i will definitely check these out!
    are these the sames as phillips crystal vision or vision plus? which are better? i really dont want blue parkers but if its hardly noticeable then thats good. thanks man

i know my size H1, i just want to get ppls views on what they've used and their experiences

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    phillips etc..60 a pair and theyll blow easy just fork out 160 for hid..its worthit
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Im hitting up the shop later for anything from this range

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3222/img0002vp4.jpg
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Osram Nightbreaker +90%
    OR
    Philips X-Treme +80%

Both AU$50 shipped plus free T10 parkers

From
    www.powerbulbs.com

Look at the pics here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80068

I'm currently using the Philips and their the best headlights i've ever bought, range and intensity is unbelievable. Mate has the Osrams and it's definitely whiter but not white that it looks blue. Looking at both lights directly, neither has a tinge of blue. They both easily outshine those stupid xenon/halogen blue coated lights that are extended wattage just to compensate.

Read the article i posted in that link too as to why those blue coated lights are shithouse.
    Last edited by dsp26; 06-05-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    I work in the automotive electrical industry and I agree with dsp26.

Phillips X-TremePower, Osram Nightbreakers and Narva Blue Power are all the brightest ADR approved (phillips and narva are but not 100% sure on the osram as we dont normally stock them) lights available on the market all being 2000 lumens.

Phillips being the better quality bulb and a tiny bit brighter, and Osram/Narva being a tiny bit whiter light.
    Last edited by 02gzm; 06-05-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Im trying the Calibre ones today ($31 @ the local supercheap), ADR approved, good bright tone

will post up some pics
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 06-05-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Accord Euro Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by drsilliez View Post
    phillips crystal? phillips vision plus? i dont want blue so which kelvin should i avoid? like whats the limit? 4300k?
    also would supercheap or autobahn stock these? how much would they roughly cost? dont post internet/ebay links coz i dont buy online!
    If you don't want blue, then I would recommend that you stay under 3800K. Check out this diagram, you'll have an idea of the different colour temperatures:

IMO, Philips and Narva are good i.e. reliable. I've used Philips before and now, I'm using Narva Blue Power (3750K). Its name "Blue Power" is very misleading as it's not blue at all, it's just white. I bought mine (H1) from Repco for about $50 but yeah, I think you should be able to buy/order them from either Supercheap Auto or Autobarn.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD

Phillips BlueVision on the left and Phillips Xtreme Power on the right. You can see that Xtreme Power is definitely heaps brighter, but yellow compared to the BlueVision.
    • FML •

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    i just bought replacement H1 bulbs for my headlights, i got the bulb and socket out of the headlight but HOW do i remove the bulb from the socket? do i pull it?! im pulling it but its not comin out. how hard do i pull it coz i dont wanna break it?!

please reply asap if u know, im doing it NOW!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    there should be r clip to undo,