Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Prelude

Prelude VTi-R Header

Hey guys,

any of you looking for a decent set of headers for you H22A Preludes would know just how difficult it is to find a set that ticks all the boxes - stainless steel, good quality, reasonable price, easy fitment, nice design and most importantly significant gains. Sounds impossible I know, but I reckon I've found a header that has all these :-)

The header is an 'ebay special', however it is the EXACT Hytech/SMSP design so you know it's a quality design. It's TIG welded stainless steel and has very good quality craftsmanship.

I purchased it off a seller by the name of chameleondesignz. There are others on there that sell the same header, but he was a great seller and awesome to deal with.

I managed to pick up the header for sub $650AU including shipping, and that included head gasket and extension piece to attach to your exhaust..

The only fitment issues were that the O2 harness needed to be replaced because the stock one was too short (Around $115 for a Bosch), and also the crossmember had to be slight grinded away in order to fit the header in comfortably.

I recently just installed this header along with a Lukey 2.5" mild steel exhaust (Carline on Grange Road A+++) and the gains were immediately noticable. These headers were a great buy and i would strongly recommend them to anyone in the market with a VTEC Lude.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Last edited by Lukather; 13-05-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Adding Information

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX Del Sol 1993
    i love this setup

i sat in the car as soon as it got fitted it pulled very hard right till top end
    VERY NOTICEABLE GAINS!!!

beautiful headers!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    good post man its seems youve picked up one of the gems off ebay!

you gotta be careful though theres some real dogs out there..

Member Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by rbk_212 View Post
    good post man its seems youve picked up one of the gems off ebay!

you gotta be careful though theres some real dogs out there..

Yeah mate you're not wrong there and you do have to be careful. In the case of this ebay seller, he had a very high feedback count and percentage rating which negated the risk factor.

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukather View Post
    Yeah mate you're not wrong there and you do have to be careful. In the case of this ebay seller, he had a very high feedback count and percentage rating which negated the risk factor.
    well youve made an informed decision and its paid off, so well done!

hows the performance?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/EK4/EJ8
    nice job mates... the only header i could find off ebay is X-FORCE header ....
    they are not too bad for a 5 gen prelude VTI-R ATTS

Member Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by rbk_212 View Post
    well youve made an informed decision and its paid off, so well done!

hows the performance?
    Performance is great. Very noticeable pull in the mid-high rpm and the engine just breathes so much better

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukather View Post
    Performance is great. Very noticeable pull in the mid-high rpm and the engine just breathes so much better
    I can vouch for that

B20VTEC Build Thread

Hytech and SMSP have multiple designs and are different manufacturers, and each of those manufacturers ask for the specs of your engines as they have different designs / specs for the setup you send.

So how can 1 set of headers combine multiple different specs from different manufacturers .......

congrats on the buy and gains but don't believe everything on ebay
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    Hytech and SMSP have multiple designs and are different manufacturers, and each of those manufacturers ask for the specs of your engines as they have different designs / specs for the setup you send.

So how can 1 set of headers combine multiple different specs from different manufacturers .......

congrats on the buy and gains but don't believe everything on ebay
    Take some time and study both of their H series headers carefully. Both companys use a very similar design and for obvious reasons, there really isnt much space in the prelude chassis for many different variations (compared to EG/DC chassis)

B20VTEC Build Thread

there are 4 variations at SMSP for the h22 that i know of.

Some versions require the engine mount support and support brace to be modified to accomodate them
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    there are 4 variations at SMSP for the h22 that i know of.

Some versions require the engine mount support and support brace to be modified to accomodate them
    Thats correct but some a specifically designed for H22a in EG/DC chassis and cant be used in a prelude

B20VTEC Build Thread