New to forum and Hondas

Hi,

im looking at buying an HRV and i was hoping to get some input from other honda owners in general but other HRV owners would be awesome.

I am off to test drive one this weekend to see if they are underpowered or not in my opinion but what do you feel?

is there any easy mods to the engine to squeeze more power out of it for little cost? or would a Vtec head fit onto a no Vtec block?

I am a little surprised that this car has not been brought back to Aus as it is similar to a Civic hatch in foot print but higher off the ground for more comfort if nothing else.

Also before i forget im looking at the 2 Door Wagon manual version.

So any thoughts please?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    just did some googling...

it comes in a Sohc and a Sohc Vtec 1.6

1590 cc I4 16 valve
    SOHC 77 kW (103 hp)
    VTEC SOHC 91 kW (122 hp)

If you get the sohc vtec, chuck an exhaust, some headers and an intake it should be aight prolly get 150hp out of it.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    or you can get a cheap one and do a b/h or k series conversion for some real power.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

from all the ones i have found in melb they are all the D16W1 which is the non vtec engine.

is non vtec to vtec conversion easy normaly? or worth it or could i get the same power from other cheaper mods?

im guessing non of those engines you mentioned are capable for a straight swap?

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    Modify the HRV like this: http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/autos...20090110221104 or like this if you prefer extreme modification: http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/autos...20070809025012
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Both address dont work but im guessing that both of those are not going to be cheap performance mods.

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    It works on my computer.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

lol atjo the second one looks toooo crazy

weird works now. dont really want to body kit it out but the engine of the first one looks like what i want... the D16W5.

so doesnt anyone know if the D16w1 block can take the d16w5 head? and then if i swap the Ecu's over will i have a Vtec HRV or is there more to it?