Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04

Red face K-Sport Coilovers

Hi,

I've done a Search and I'm aware there are some threads on K-Sports, but they do not answer my questions.

I'm really interested in buying K-Sports because they are relatively cheap, and are 'good enough' for street driving.

K-Sport users, have you had any difficulties with these coilovers? What else do you recommend in conjunction with the coilovers (damper kit, guard rolling etc).

I'm pretty noob with this. I've heard a lot about spring rates, yet I'm not 100% sure what I should be looking for? I would like a ride that is as 'stock as possible' with an increase in handling.

Don't know if im looking at the right brand with k-sport, but my budget isn't amazing and I'm not taking my baby to the tracks.

And Finally, should i purchase new or used Coilovers?

If anyone else has purchased, or about to purchase k-sports, please PM or reply. Thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    my friend recently purchased a 2nd hand set of k-sport coilovers.. i've driven the car.. its actually pretty bouncy..

they handle better than stock but its too soft for agressive driving..

there are some small issues.. there's a knocking sound at the rear when the cars moving over rough roads..

the range of adjustments are limited.. cant change the damper levels..

if your planning to drop ur car with coils.. i'd say u would need a rear camber kit to straighten up your wheels..

imo u should buy brand new ones.. but if u do purchase a 2nd hand set.. check the conditions of them.. eg. oil leaks
    [ CL◦701 ]

THROTTLE HAPPY

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    Hey all,
    I currently have K-Sports for sale. PM me for a price, I'm in Bris. With the knocking sound in the rear I used 6mm high tensile automotive rubber at the top of the strut. Stopped the sound totally. Yes you will need a rear camber kit if you are going to lower. I went down over 3 inches, adjusted the damper and the ride was excellent.
    Cheers,
    Luke

can't say too much about the adjustment levels as its for a euro but the adjustments on my ksports for my CRX are insane. I'm just below legal height and i've still got 4 inches of thread left to make it go lower.

Its on the softest setting and i sometimes getting skipping as i'm braking through rough patches. Cornering stability is good and theres no body roll at all.

Maybe its just cause my car is lighter then a euro though???

I definately recommend them as a bang for buck coilover.

2 years now and no problems at all.