Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ITR swaybar on EG need ASR BRACE ?! HELP

hey guys , getting a ITR swaybar for my eg , but was wondering if i really really need a ASR , not gonna track or anything .. just for daily. would it rip out my subframe ?

well i got a mate thats running a 24mm whiteline swaybar on his VTi-R and no problems so far.

anyone can help me please.

THANKS !

recommended to get asr brace..
    it will break sooner or later man.. due to flexing and road conditions, etc...

* Better do it rite first time than suffer in the end which will cost more $$$..
    or just save some money then get the stuff (new or 2nd) btw jdmyard on sale atm..

Alternatively, if you tend to use it for daily driving.. and no hard cornering, etc - then the 24mm sway bar is not used for its potential.. so you can go for eg5 vti swaybar with strut bars and tie bars will be more than enuf for daily driving

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by siir View Post
    recommended to get asr brace..
    it will break sooner or later man.. due to flexing and road conditions, etc...

* Better do it rite first time than suffer in the end which will cost more $$$..
    or just save some money then get the stuff (new or 2nd) btw jdmyard on sale atm..

Alternatively, if you tend to use it for daily driving.. and no hard cornering, etc - then the 24mm sway bar is not used for its potential.. so you can go for eg5 vti swaybar with strut bars and tie bars will be more than enuf for daily driving

hope that helps
    yea im running the standard swaybar , seems shit .. but yea

anyone else ?

cheers mate

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    I agree do it right the first time.
    I was running that set up, nice and stiff. I can only imagine the forces on the subframe.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    google search it, it shows u pics without the asr, it rips the chassis
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    i was running around with the standard vti sway bar and the dc2r one made heaps of difference even in daily driving

i too recommend getting the brace installed just in case mate, i have hear of people in the states running just the sway bar and they swear that it's ok, but after seeing the pics of ripped subframes i didn't want to risk it

now i just need to get me a decent front swaybar
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    You cant mount it without the brace.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg5
    yeh get the brace and the sway bar,i did it to my eg5 front n rear n it handles great wit stock springs n shocks,but u can't mount it wit out the brace, it won't go on,it doesn't line up and not level 4 the d-brackets,it doesn't take long either but better if u hav a hoist then doin it on the ground
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

thanks guys .. guess i gotta get a ASR . LOL =='

ASR Reinforcement bar + 22mm swaybar FTW JDMYARD SELLS THEM =) TOPS STUFF

NOT HARD TO INSTALL TOO

GL

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    ASR Reinforcement bar + 22mm swaybar FTW JDMYARD SELLS THEM =) TOPS STUFF

NOT HARD TO INSTALL TOO

GL
    haha im not baller liek u hai , give me money for asr

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    asr will be cheaper in the long run compared to a torn out subframe man in which u will need to find another one and weld that in, in the case that nothing else is damaged!

If you are on a budget you could try the beaks mounting kit or a BSQ kit but ASR have never had a failure i know the beaks have had a couple in the states.
    ^groundupgarage.com