Newcomer Array

CU2 steering wheel problem

hey i just wanted to say just got my euro done about 3000ks on it and im experiencing some steering wheel problems the wheel doesnt feel as responsive or stiff anymore its all loose and to do a normal turn i have to turn the wheel the whole way till it clicks, and if im turning it feels like the car is sliding out abit the car doesnt feel stable and the wheel is a bit shakey? anyone else got this problem. does anyone know what it might be?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'd recommend you get a wheel alignment done to find out if anything has changed from factory spec. Have you hit a kerb lately?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    ok thanks will do. hope that is the problem.
    hit some potholes in the road.
    Last edited by tryme; 10-05-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Yeah, doesn't sound normal!

p.s. If you get the alignment specs, post them here! They are not in the manual. Might have to see honda.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro CU2
    This is exactly what happened to me immediately after the new two front tyres were put on. Went to Honda for a wheel alignment, it did not help whatsoever. Buddha has some point there which I've seen on other forums about this issue. But After some researching online, I found people with the same problem fixed this issue by turning tie rods 1/3 of a turn on both sides described as follows: (don't remember the source)

1. Scribe a fine line with a file to index the inner tie rod female end to the threaded male end of the outer: loosen the locknut, and rotate the index mark appropriate to the direction desired. Repeat exactly the same, but in the opposite direction for the opposite side. [ e.g., if the steering is canted to the left, the left tie rod must be 'shortened', etc.

2. As far as adjustment magnitude, be cautious… for a 5 deg deflection as claimed, I'll wager that 1/3 of a turn is all that is required ( or two 'flats' of the hex nut).

3. All this is predicated on having had a good toe alignment to start with: you can verify that by the wear pattern on the old tires ...

4. By doing this alignment 'tweak' carefully, the correct toe in will not be altered.

5. As a caution, check the rack 'dimple' to be correct against a centered steering wheel.