Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    crikey luke,who u been talkin too,i got mine for less than $800 brand new + installed as well.

admittedly it was 3 years ago & i supplied the ecu,but that would only add about $300 at most to todays prices.

lol Jason

So way more = 1k
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Brining this back to life... Eventually got my act together and pieced parts together over the space of a year and a half... will finish my exams and post up pics and a bit of a write up of what I did...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_roller View Post
    Brining this back to life... Eventually got my act together and pieced parts together over the space of a year and a half... will finish my exams and post up pics and a bit of a write up of what I did...
    WOW

I sold my Turbo EG5 brought a EP3R sold that and got a JAZZ now looking for an EG to start again LMAO
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Yeah, I've been playing with bikes alot of this time... plus sports I play arnt cheap... then there's the whole student life thing... not a good way to make money... but it ended up getting done and I couldn't be happier....

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    So the back story:

Had the integra for a couple years now. It was fun, but after a while I got used to it and bored of it. Had a read around and decided that boost was going to be the best cost effective way to pump some life into the old girl and get that smile back when I take it for a drive.

Slowly accumulated parts over a year or so, and after having knee surgery after a bad Ice hockey incident, I was able to move again and was more then ready to get her built up in all her glory.

This build was budget based. Saying that I spent the money on the items that counted...

Quick run down on parts collected:
    Ebay t3/t4 turbo
    Ebay Manifold
    Precision 39mm wastegate with 6.9psi spring
    K/n Air filter
    Boost, water temp, oil pressure, Innovate MTX-l wideband
    Quad-pod gauge cluster
    Ebay oil filter sandwich plate
    Ebay braided line
    Speedflow fittings
    Custom intercooler
    Custom piping
    Ebay catch can
    IPG Engine block breathers
    DBA slotted front rotors
    Ebay Bolt up oil pan drain
    Ebay fuel pressure gauge
    Hondata s300
    Dual SPAL high flow 12" fans
    Ebay half size 3 core radiator
    ebay exhaust heat wrap
    HKS SSQ with recirc fitting
    RC 550cc injectors
    OBD1-OBD2 harness

I apologise for pic quality, most are taken with iphone as I was using them for referencing when incase anything went wrong.

Car was built as a DD and still has A/C and power steer

Day one, reversed into the garage ready for test fitting. Daily ride is parked next to it... The joys of city living...

The stash.

Test fitting:
    Manifold

Mainfold with dump pipe and turbine housing

Manifold with wastegate:

Manifold with turbo:

Fuel pressure gauge: simple to install and no leaks

So got to this point and my brother with his crx decided he wanted to sell. He had one of my old project engines with LSD, ITR cams, springs, retainers, work adjustable cam gears. Decided I wanted those parts for this build so it was decided to swap engines over. Thanks to alex and adam, engine change over was done in a day.

engine out of the teg:

Engine in the crx (now for sale):

Got the car home and set out getting it installed.

Manifold, wastegate, turbo, dump pipe installed

Working out oil pressure feed line

Bolt in oil return: Loctited in and sealed with orings, has not had any leaking issues

Next up was some stopping help: From this

To this:

Valve cover was looking beat up so gave it the once over:

Next up was gauges, used adapt a circuits and installed into empty rear electric window fuses for power:

Intercooler test fit and bolted up:

Off the get the exhaust for the gate done (pepsi bottle catch can was there just for this trip)

Will have to get a final pick with new catch can installed but thats pretty much the build. Took me 3 weeks of working on it over weekends and some nights to do, which included test fitting multiple times and modifying quite a lot of small items which you never really think about till you do it.

Took it for a tune to RPM performance and dyno up at morayfield. My instructions were wastgate spring boost, daily driver on a bulletproof tune... Picked it up a couple days later:

Was told this is his idea of a bullet proof tune. If I want more power I am more then welcome to go back and he will lean on the tune a bit for for 220+hp but being my first turbo car, and a student, I never want it to go bang so will wait till I can get some ARP's and go for some more stock engine boosted fun...

To finish, the old girl needed a name, and seeing I got into honda's from the HIGH OCTANE movie series and their turbocharged CRX, it was only fitting...

And thats pretty much my budget build... Spent less then 5K on parts including ECU which was brand new, and it definitely puts a smile on my face. Has had one outing to willowbank and its shown some flaws in the car. Mainly it needs some real tires now, cheap korean tires and first time in the beast gave me a 1/4 mile of 14.1 @104mph, 60' 2.7ish seconds from memory... In comparison, my NA best quarter was a 15.1 @9xmph.

Just posting this to show that even the poorest of kids can still enjoy some modifying goodness and turboing on a budget is doable. I spent good money on ecu and wastegate as I believed these are the most important systems on the car when modified and have so far been nothing but joy from the selection of parts...

Clap clap clap!!!
    WP PB 1:15:03

Wow, nice set up man. Looking great !

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    More pics of the Monkey!

Great work on the turbo, is that running 12psi?
    Interested in your cooling setup, how does the radiator cope plus assuming you have the dual fans setup as a pusher and a puller on either side?
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    More pics of the Monkey!

Great work on the turbo, is that running 12psi?
    Interested in your cooling setup, how does the radiator cope plus assuming you have the dual fans setup as a pusher and a puller on either side?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...S-!!!!!/page23 there is a few pics on that page.

Its running 7psi, thats the a/f showing on the dyno sheet. Cooling does really well, it has a low temp thermostat in it and I have never had any troubles with the cooling as of yet. I have one fan pulling air through the radiator and one fan pushing air through the A/C condenser.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Lol, thought there was something wrong with the boost curve
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    PnP at it again Was alot of fun working on this thing luke!
    part time potato

Looks good Luke, will have a ride in it one day