Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_roller View Post
    Do you mind me asking what you mean by how its driven? Like atm my driving style is just normal with the usual given it a bit onto an emtpy high way or when needed to get out of a sticky situation....

And do how does your servicing schedule look like for the motor? oil every 5k? etc.
    look after it, warm it up, gradually increase revs as u start to drive........(eg. cruze and rev to say 3000rpm for first couple of km's then add some load and rev to 4000rpm, get the turbo spooling and that air into the motor gradually.......then even rev a liuttle harde with more load..............once ur comfortable with water tempos and oil temps, then go for a full throttle squirt...........cruze the last couple of km's home to get everything back to operating temps.........let engine idle/cool down before shutting it off..........

service is every 5000km's and it includes the basic oil and oil filter as well as spark plugs and a thorough check of everything else........coolant, brake and clutch fluid, gearbox oil.................

for me its my prie and joy and my daily..............so it must be spot on all day every day.....

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    my standard itr dc2 is making 239.8kw on 7.5psi with unopened motor.............its driven daily.........................
    Off topic sorta, but I just read about your weapon in FF, well done

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarkz View Post
    Off topic sorta, but I just read about your weapon in FF, well done
    lol............thanks mate.............i will be scanning the pages and posting on here tomorrow....

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    please do tom.. ive been busy and havent had the time to go and grab the issue.

also need a ride in ur car man

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Stick View Post
    please do tom.. ive been busy and havent had the time to go and grab the issue.

also need a ride in ur car man
    dont be a stranger and come over once in a while.........lol

i'll take u for a spin....................

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    look after it, warm it up, gradually increase revs as u start to drive........(eg. cruze and rev to say 3000rpm for first couple of km's then add some load and rev to 4000rpm, get the turbo spooling and that air into the motor gradually.......then even rev a liuttle harde with more load..............once ur comfortable with water tempos and oil temps, then go for a full throttle squirt...........cruze the last couple of km's home to get everything back to operating temps.........let engine idle/cool down before shutting it off..........

service is every 5000km's and it includes the basic oil and oil filter as well as spark plugs and a thorough check of everything else........coolant, brake and clutch fluid, gearbox oil.................

for me its my prie and joy and my daily..............so it must be spot on all day every day.....
    Cheers... I am doing that anyway as it is the same with me... My car is my pride and joy and if anything happens to it... Its devastating.... So it looks like its time to start some planning... Cheers for the help

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    ^^^ anytime

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    one quick questions... How big was the improvment from changing from the log manifold to your banana manifold? I would love a banana manifold as i belive it would be more efficient, But some budgeting may mean i can only get a blox log manifold....

So is the extra money worth the amount of power it frees up?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    the longer length manifold allows for better top end power and generally smoother boost delivery.

The log will usually boost up slightly quicker
    Last edited by Limbo; 14-05-2009 at 01:15 AM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    LoL at banana manifold, never heard it called that b4

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    cheers for that...... ^^^ i swear that is what all the tuners have called it... or mabey im just crazy.. but it does look like a bunch of bananas in the bay

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_roller View Post
    cheers for that...... ^^^ i swear that is what all the tuners have called it... or mabey im just crazy.. but it does look like a bunch of bananas in the bay
    Generally they are called ramhorns, I might have mine up for sale in the near future....

B20VTEC Build Thread