Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    I also have this problem i remember another thread where honda said it was the Diff. thats what i think it is , i live with it . :\

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 06'
    I have the same problem with my 2006 LUX. I noticed it since I bought it and it can get annoying.

I was going to ask the question on Ozhonda but could not explain the noise in writing.

I'm glad it is semi normal PS- I aslo have a K&N panel filter too soo it makes absolute sense to me now.....

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    i used to have a K&n Panel filter , but im now running a Fujita CAI and the noise is still there.... doubt its the filter.

Apologies for digging up this ancient thread. I just started to have this noise after my most recent service, I asked them to check my stock air filter to see if it needed replacing; they advised me it did not.

Since then, from around 3.5k rpm onwards the car has a subtle CAI sound. Not going to lie, I quite like it but my question is, is it detrimental to the car in any way? I opened up the airbox and noticed the seal was a little out of shape but still covering the opening.

If it poses no risk to the car in the long term I wouldn't mind leaving it as there is no drone whilst cruising, only increased noise upon acceleration.

Thoughts?

It's not exactly 'critical' but have you notice any loss of economy/power for instance?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    It's not exactly 'critical' but have you notice any loss of economy/power for instance?
    I haven't noticed any loss in power\fluel consumption. Just did a 300 km trip averaged about 7/L on the freeway which is a little better than I normally get.

My only concern is damage to the engine; with the seal not fitting as well as before if there a chance that there could be contaminants let into the engine?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    As long as the filter seals with the upper half of the airbox, it is fine. If there is a gap, consider trying to repair the seal or squeezing it to at least seal with the top half.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    As long as the filter seals with the upper half of the airbox, it is fine. If there is a gap, consider trying to repair the seal or squeezing it to at least seal with the top half.
    Cheers mate, will do