Newcomer Array
    Car:
    D: Mazda

Student rates for Sydney CBD Parking

Just wondering where you guys park, and how you get student rates at different places.

I'm a student at a design college in the city but I don't think any of the parking places will give me student rate, as all the ones I know of have certain universities and stuff for their student rates.

For MarketCity and Entertainment centre parkings, does anyone know the procedure for getting student rates? Do you just show them your ID card when you leave or something?

P.S. I have some friends who go to UTS who can help me get student rates.

Member Array
    u need to goto UTS to get the student parking under market city i beleive, and u go show it somewhere, i forget
    but if ur any old student, and u wanna park there, too bad buddy!

i would suggest if ur in the city alot, rent a space in a residental building
    much cheaper int he long run
    but only if ur there alot

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Would I be able to get my friend, who goes to UTS to show the ID for me?

Member Array
    i dont see why not ? but im not sure if u have to do this everytime or one off

actually, if you park at market city to get student rate u need your card to be validated. go to UTS library as soon as you walk in go to your right that where the sercuity guards sits and next to it there will be a small blue machine with market city parking sign on it, just put in your car park ticket in the machine and light goes red then take it out. Note do it once only do not put in machine again else it screw up your ticket. Sercuirty will not check your student card so its ok

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Oh cool cool. Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1
    The open carpark across the road from uts library also has student rates at 12$ for whole day...just validate at uts library and your good to go

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    I hate that carpark, scrape everywhere in there. :P

.. market city is fked to.. especially b2->b3.. holy **** how to get down without scraping..
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i