Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi

Engine vibrating + shaking on idle after..

Hey guys

So I wasn't paying attention driving last night and my gps said to turn left in the split of a second cuz of its shitty lag so I took the corner a bit late.. locked up the brakes and went up the median strip.
    Its one of those strips that has triangle edges not like flat so my 2 front wheels went up it fine.. not too much of an impact.

i just recently noticed though that now the engine is shaking a bit more on idle than usual.
    Yes I searched about engine shaking, and just confirming could such an impact cause engine mounts to brake?
    cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriskoss View Post
    Hey guys

So I wasn't paying attention driving last night and my gps said to turn left in the split of a second cuz of its shitty lag so I took the corner a bit late.. locked up the brakes and went up the median strip.
    Its one of those strips that has triangle edges not like flat so my 2 front wheels went up it fine.. not too much of an impact.

i just recently noticed though that now the engine is shaking a bit more on idle than usual.
    Yes I searched about engine shaking, and just confirming could such an impact cause engine mounts to brake?
    cheers
    yo!
    when you were in idle..was it in gear? or not?
    stage 1

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    check your engine mounts. is the rubber cracked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like damaged engine mounts to me too. Might even be the rear mount which is that much harder to get access to.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    Sounds like damaged engine mounts to me too. Might even be the rear mount which is that much harder to get access to.
    yeah lol.

i promised myself that if by chance my solid rear mount goes i'd just install engine torque dampeners instead to somewhat alleviate the issue..... not even fully accessible when the intake manifold is off :/

but your right the rear is the most significant. i did solids on the other 4 and it wasn't until the rear was changed too that engine movement completely stopped.
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Fitv - in neutral
    Dsp26 - they dont seem to be cracked just all look old with age.. the vibration isnt THAT bad.. but I did notice driving back from newcastle to sydney used like more than 1/4 for 140 kms.. normally its only just hitting 1/4 of a tank.. I read somewhere loss of power if engines mounts are stuffed and I felt it wasn't as powerful as before...

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    your car shaking at highway speeds?

usually when you mount a curb your alignment goes way off.... BUT.. wheels/tyres casuing vibration is more of a wheel balance thing.

when the car is idle, rev the car via the throttle rotor, do you notice that your engine rocks A LOT more than usual?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    your car shaking at highway speeds?

usually when you mount a curb your alignment goes way off.... BUT.. wheels/tyres casuing vibration is more of a wheel balance thing.

when the car is idle, rev the car via the throttle rotor, do you notice that your engine rocks A LOT more than usual?
    Nah not really shaking an highway speeds.. more like when braking from 80km + to like 20km.. so maybe its just wheel alignment.. the steering wheel isn't that much out though just a smidgen..

It does however choke a bit below the 3k rpm mark.. then picks up after.. thought that had to do with engine mounts but I think it cud be alot of things lol

cheers man

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    yep messed it up bad. Better check everything under the car. Better drive slowly or a wheel may fall off.
    Yea sure mate.. try to keep up with the adults k?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Well for sure K guess I have to write in kiddie language. But anyway check the roundness of your wheels. There is a good chance you bent the crap out of one or the other when you couldn't drive well enough to stay on the road and bounced over a curb.
    Yep ok