Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven12 View Post
    If I buy the engine oil from autoshops, is there like a chart or table what tells you what engine oil goes with honda cars? or just stick with the Mobil Synth S (Mobil 2000) or Castrol Edge 5w-30. But I don't actually see any specifications for engine oil in the manual like someone suggested.

I think with coolant, brake fluid using third party products wouldnt be too bad.

With transmission fluid and power steering, I am not so sure on these two, anyway I just wanted to know what everyone is using, Honda OEM or aftermarket.
    For engine oil, I'd stick to something good. Castrol Edge 5w-30 is great if it is within your budget. Going down a step, the Mobil Synth S is also reasonable for the asking price of $32.

For coolant and brake fluid, you'd be better off with OEM. They are fluids that you don't change often, so stick to OEM as you know they won't cause water pump corrosion or brake seal swelling. No point going with a cheaper aftermarket alternative.

For transmission fluid, as long as you use a 75w80 synchromesh fluid for the manual, that's fine. Again it is not a fluid that is changed often, so just use OEM and change it every 2-3 years. If you have an auto, you MUST use OEM Honda ATF.

Power steering is another one that you must use OEM Honda, just because of the seals. But again, you don't change this often so just use OEM Honda and leave it in there for the next 5-7 years.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic MY09
    In terms of motor oil consumption, does anyone here have a rough figure of oil replenishment for say every 10,000km?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    er what the ? for a new vehicle oil consumption (burning or loss of) would be minimal and usually from factory it's overfilled by a touch (plus 1st service/1 month would've checked you oil). Your owners manual should state a regular oil check I think every month..
    If that answers the question
    Why hello there

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic MY09
    like how many litres of motor oil per 10000 km?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EU3
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post

For coolant and brake fluid, you'd be better off with OEM. They are fluids that you don't change often, so stick to OEM as you know they won't cause water pump corrosion or brake seal swelling. No point going with a cheaper aftermarket alternative.
    I just changed over to MOTUL RBF400 DOT4. Brakes work way better than before, i think its better than the OEM stuff.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    still no comprehending what you mean, but if it's the amount of oil your engine requires per 0-10,000km interval I think from scratch it's 3.8-4.2litres (include filter), can't remember the exact amount.
    Why hello there

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by wokstar88 View Post
    I just changed over to MOTUL RBF400 DOT4. Brakes work way better than before, i think its better than the OEM stuff.
    If you had changed over with OEM stuff, your brakes would still work way better than before. Your brake fluid was old and needed changing. The OEM brake fluid is almost like RBF400. If you wanted an upgrade for track to withstand high temperature, then RBF600 would be an option. But for street, you won't find a difference if you were comparing new OEM fluid to new RBF400 fluid.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    like how many litres of motor oil per 10000 km?
    Mine consumes 0L per 10000 km. The worst engines I've seen do 1L per 1000 km.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic MY09
    so for new vehicles the engine oil should remain the same level until the next oil change?

ohe yeah, another thing with the car is, sometime I get an unnatural feedback when my foot press the break pedal, sometimes when I am driving fast and break and sometimes not, is this ABS or whatever braking control system at work? ( I have driven cars with ABS or EBD).

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    er what kind of a feeling is it ? Unless hard braking ABS should not be kicking in under normal driving conditions.
    Why hello there

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    so for new vehicles the engine oil should remain the same level until the next oil change?

ohe yeah, another thing with the car is, sometime I get an unnatural feedback when my foot press the break pedal, sometimes when I am driving fast and break and sometimes not, is this ABS or whatever braking control system at work? ( I have driven cars with ABS or EBD).
    It depends on engine condition. My car has 82000km on it and is 5 years old but consumes 0L per 10000km. I let the engine idle for 30 seconds before driving off and also limit the amount of throttle and rpm to between 2000 and 3000 without lugging the engine until twice the time it takes for the coolant temperature to reach the middle.