Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AUX and USB

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG

Question AUX and USB

I'm looking to buy a head unit but I was wondering what the differences are between AUX input and USB? Apart from their name and shape. I've noticed newer models have USB connection + AUX but earlier models only have AUX. Does anyone know if one transmits data better than the other? Or there's really no big difference.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    well with the usb, can select tracks on ur headunit and with the aux u gotta select tracks on the mp3 player

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    usb - ipod , most mp3 players sometimes hardrives ,
    aux - as above its just a jac
    really depends on what u want it for whether ur really gonna use it and so forth

Account Disabled Array
    Try to find one with USB support. You will be able to use your MP3 player like it is a CD. It also means you can use a USB flash pen as a CD.

Aux support requires you to have an MP3 or iPod and you must use their controls. It also means you may have more cables around which can get quite messy.

If it was me I would go with USB.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Go with USB

AUX input reduces the quality of audio being sent through the connections.

Direct input via USB will always be better than AUX connection

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    I've been looking at the Pioneer clearance centre and I'm tossing up between the deh-4050UB and the deh-7850BT. https://web1.pioneer.com.au/itf/PHX/phoenix.nsf/Index

The deh-4050ub has USB but the deh-7850BT doesn't but it has a few better features.

I need a cd player badly, I still have the original cassette radio tuner in my car

Based on looks and features, any suggestions on which I should buy?

I reckon u get this one.. its only $21 extra and u get both AUX and USB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-DEH-P605...QQcmdZViewItem

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    sorry to steal the thread, but I wanna ask if the ipod usb sound quality is as good as a CD, as I have friends using AUX and Pen drives and complaining that the sound quality is really bad. I'm looking into the alpine ones.
    06 Lux Auto Arctic Blue

Not sure about pendrives have bad sound quality, maybe its is quality of the music file. But for AUX, they are bad.

anyway if u want a really good Alpine HU, i'll suggest u Alpine CDA-9887. Sound quality is very good, infact its one of the best. it supports Ipod, cd and AUX, but it doesnt have USB. best part of it is the IMPRINT Sound Technology.

however, u can get Alpine CDA-9886, it supports Ipod, CD, USB and etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-CDA-9886-...3A1%7C294%3A50

I bought mine from this ebay seller, really good and cheap. Hope this helps

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO600 View Post
    I reckon u get this one.. its only $21 extra and u get both AUX and USB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-DEH-P605...QQcmdZViewItem
    hmm, this one is nice but with shipping its an extra 80-ish dollars. With pioneer, they deliver for free within Australia. Anyway, between Deh-4050UB and Deh-7850BT, which would be the better choice?

Also, does anyone know whether the head units with USB come with some sort of extension cable when the USB is at the rear?

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    Yea most units that offer usb connection come with an extension so when the decks onstalled it tucks and comes thru into the glovebox , mine did (JVC AVX44)....just ask the seller u dont wanna buy a deck and have to buy accesories after....

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO600 View Post
    Not sure about pendrives have bad sound quality, maybe its is quality of the music file. But for AUX, they are bad.

anyway if u want a really good Alpine HU, i'll suggest u Alpine CDA-9887. Sound quality is very good, infact its one of the best. it supports Ipod, cd and AUX, but it doesnt have USB. best part of it is the IMPRINT Sound Technology.

however, u can get Alpine CDA-9886, it supports Ipod, CD, USB and etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-CDA-9886-...3A1%7C294%3A50

I bought mine from this ebay seller, really good and cheap. Hope this helps
    Thx Evo...will look into it...might get a used one or maybe overseas. Is there assurance that there are no alpine fakes in the web? Because I have heard of rumors of replica units sold on the net.....
    06 Lux Auto Arctic Blue