Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 EURO CU2 STD
    Having just been in my brother's Mazda 6, I must say I'm glad I went the Euro over the 6 because the inside of the cabin the Euro is miles ahead of the 6 in terms of fit and finish.

Once the ping is resolved

If you are not in a hurry to get a car, wait for the facelift euro....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    In the end, you have to feel happy not only with the car, but the sales and service experience. I don't blame you for going for a Mazda6. When I bought my Euro in 2004, one dealer turned me off completely! It was just good coincidence that another dealer treated me well and I bought the Euro in the end. If I did not get that good experience, I would have gone for either Mazda or Subaru too.

A good car still won't make you feel good in the end if the sales experience leaves a bitter taste......
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT
    I have to agree that the level of service I received from a couple of Honda dealers was pathetic. The first dealership, I had a salesman who could barely speak English, then the sales manager giving me a trade in figure that was ridiculous. He then tried to justify the trade in price by saying dealer x had the model above mine at the same price. ( I know people at the dealership he quoted and when I called his BS, he got all high and mighty on me)

I went into dealership 2 with my 8 and half month pregnant wife on a weekday and stood there for 10 minutes, sat in the car and still had no one help me.

Dealership 3 was great as my wife went to school with the sales girl, but when it came to getting delivery of the car, it was 4 weeks later than their 'worst case' delivery date and the communication was apalling.

So, all in all after my long rant, I can't blame you for buying the 6 as I nearly did the same thing. Hope you enjoy it

For me, I used to go to dealaers and just browse and have a feel of the car (either from looking and or test drive). And then, go back home straight away without even asking the price (or just quick chat and then go). Then I will decide which one I like the most at home and after deciding, I start going to the dealer and bargain for the price.

I have check and or test drive both CU2 and 6 Classic, along with Accord 40 edition thai, camry (I know...) and Aurion. To see which one better, and I will still put CU2 above the rest. my 2nd preference is the 6 classic, but I like the CU2 better than the 6.

Sales experience been good for me coz I have been buying Honda from the same dealer and I have brought friends to the dealership so they know me and treat me well...

But yeah, I've been to a Honda dealer where they let me stand there for almost 1 hr and then come with 09 pricelist for 08 build CU2!! They even sell an ex demo 08 build CU2 for the price of new 09 CU2!!! "We are the biggest Honda dealer in Sydney." Of course they are, but the worst as well...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    I had similar experience 3 years ago when i bought my cl9. 1st dealer near my place, along a highway is barely interested in sealing the deal. and offered only $3k for my Commodore Berlina (market value was $16k at that time). went to a 2nd dealer about 25km away, and got a better deal and better aftersales service.

strangely, the 1st dealer's Mazda outlet offered better service and are eager to do a good deal on the Mazda 6. I went with CL9, as it drives better, has a better interior, and resale value. looking at the value of 3 yr old CL9 sports and the Mazda 6 Sports now, the euro is worth about 2k higher. i was quoted similar prices for the CL9 and Mazda 6 Sports back then.

at the end of the day, dealerships are similar to a private business... they resell Honda cars, so, service level would vary from dealership to dealership. I've no regrets driving the 25km to purchase the car, and driving the 50km to have it serviced at the same dealership every 6 months. shop around.
    Last edited by MiSloVic; 19-05-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 09 Luxury Navi
    Before signing off on the deal for my Black CU2 Luxury Navi, I have visited the dealer no less than six times including two test drives and the last test drives was just myself and partner (no salesman!) on a Volcano Grey Luxury Navi.

Main aim was to ensure that I'm completely happy with the CU2 on all aspects and also that the car does not have any noises whatsoever (cabin creaks, pinging etc).

It is interesting to note that the demo car I had which had 2000kms+ on the clock had a very very slight pinging noise but nothing that distracts me from driving even with the stereo turned off.

At the end of the day as AaronNg mentioned, a great sales experience makes a good car purchase excellent - while a bad sales experience can turn you off the car altogether!

I knew the salesman at my dealership quite well in the past 19 or so years, and provided me with excellent service!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro 5AT
    Did you consider second hand?

Or was this off the cards completely. I bought privatly my CL9 second hand 18 months from new, still had 18months new car warranty (so no problems with no dealer warranty) still had new car smell, gotta admit, it had 1 or 2 scratches, but also came at nearly 10k less than the quoted price for a new CL9 (including onraods).

Can be a bit of a gamble with private sales, but 18months with new car warranty, honda service let me know its service history with a phone call, and it had low k's. I havent got a single regret from the purchase.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Sales experience is definately a factor. I ended up going with a dealer out of Perth for my CU2, as the Perth dealers were crap. I would have gone with Burswood, but they were playing too many games for my liking.

I first went to the place I brought my CL9 from, their quote for the car was the highest by far, and their trade in price for my '07 Corolla was the lowest by far. I told them that I was a returning customer and asked them is that the best they can come up with. They just said that "CU2 is going to be popular". I told them to jam it, and continued on with getting quotes elsewhere. The funny thing is these losers kept ringing me back even after I gave them the price I wanted (what I got my CU2 and trade for elsewhere) and they still wouldn't do it.

I suggest you pick the car you want then pick the dealer. Loyalty seems to mean nothing now days.

Don't be afraid to go out of town to make a deal.
    Last edited by Type R Positive; 19-05-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    I live in the Blue Mts but bought my MY06 Euro Lux from a dealer on the Northern Beaches. I got a good deal, free extended warranty and a free courtesy car for life as I travel down ther twice a year for service due to the extended warranty.

My partner and I make a day of it. We drive down pick up the courtesy car and head off to a baech Cafe for coffee and a read of the daily papers. Then we drive along the coast to Palm Beach ro similar go for a walk and have lunch in a nice restaurant somewhere.

I'm quite happy to travel down twice a year because their service has been great and their sales staff were also very good at the time of purchase.

I think if you have a car, take some time and sell it off yourself, probably fetch a lot more then the trade in prices.

Cause when you trade it, the dears need to factor the money involve if they cannot move your car, place to store it, fees to transfer the name, get people to clean it then sell it, etc....

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I think if you have a car, take some time and sell it off yourself, probably fetch a lot more then the trade in prices.

Cause when you trade it, the dears need to factor the money involve if they cannot move your car, place to store it, fees to transfer the name, get people to clean it then sell it, etc....
    Agreed.Sell it privately.If the car is in good condition and if you have a bit of patience you'll get more $$$ than a dealer will give you.