Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Agreed.Sell it privately.If the car is in good condition and if you have a bit of patience you'll get more $$$ than a dealer will give you.
    Ya, but unfortunately my condition didnt allow me to sell my civic privately last time... well I trade in for 24k and they sell for 26k atm. I think I got a pretty decent deal with only 2k price diff dont you think?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Ya, but unfortunately my condition didnt allow me to sell my civic privately last time... well I trade in for 24k and they sell for 26k atm. I think I got a pretty decent deal with only 2k price diff dont you think?
    It's individual choice.If circumstances didn't allow you do sell privately then you have no choice.Personally i'd always sell my cars privately then when you go to a dealer and you want to buy a car and you have no trade then you are in a much better position to negotiate a good deal than with a trade.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 09 Luxury Navi
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Sales experience is definately a factor. I ended up going with a dealer out of Perth for my CU2, as the Perth dealers were crap.
    So where did u end up getting your CU2 Type R Positive?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by primetimex View Post
    So where did u end up getting your CU2 Type R Positive?
    Bunbury Honda. I got treated like shit at Honda North, where I got my CL9 from....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    In the end, you have to feel happy not only with the car, but the sales and service experience. I don't blame you for going for a Mazda6. When I bought my Euro in 2004, one dealer turned me off completely! It was just good coincidence that another dealer treated me well and I bought the Euro in the end. If I did not get that good experience, I would have gone for either Mazda or Subaru too.

A good car still won't make you feel good in the end if the sales experience leaves a bitter taste......
    Service yes. Sales no. I would describe my new car purchase as ok. Not good, not bad. But at the end of the day the only thing that really matters to me is the price. Like any bad experience in life you put it behind you and move on. If you are going to reflect on a poor sales experience, despite liking the car, then you need anger management.

Service is a little different because that's ongoing and you will always have to think ahead till the next service. However, if one dealer upsets you there are many others to choose from.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 EURO CU2 STD
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    Service yes. Sales no. I would describe my new car purchase as ok. Not good, not bad. But at the end of the day the only thing that really matters to me is the price. Like any bad experience in life you put it behind you and move on. If you are going to reflect on a poor sales experience, despite liking the car, then you need anger management.

Service is a little different because that's ongoing and you will always have to think ahead till the next service. However, if one dealer upsets you there are many others to choose from.
    Sounds like my experience. Shit service but got a great price and love the car. I always thought buying a new car would be an enjoyable experience but it was a pain in the ass and stressful in the end. I now put a greater value on customer service and will never buy from this Honda dealership again, learnt a lot though.

Even today, when I went in to the dealership they didn't even want to talk to me, despite the fact I want to buy some accessories for the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
    Sounds like my experience. Shit service but got a great price and love the car. I always thought buying a new car would be an enjoyable experience but it was a pain in the ass and stressful in the end. I now put a greater value on customer service and will never buy from this Honda dealership again, learnt a lot though.

Even today, when I went in to the dealership they didn't even want to talk to me, despite the fact I want to buy some accessories for the car.
    I will still buy according to where I get the best price. I think sometimes we have to forgive poor customer service. If someone is having an off day then they may come accross as being rude, uninterested and uncaring. However, if this happens time after time then it's time to walk away.

You only start enjoying your car the moment you drive it out through the dealer's front gates.

True, if I have to wait 1 hr before being approached in a dealer and then they offer me the same price as the other dealer with greate service PLUS a lot of extras. Then I might seal the deal with the rude dealer and then service the car somewhere else...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 09 Luxury Navi
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Bunbury Honda. I got treated like shit at Honda North, where I got my CL9 from....
    LOL - don't bother with Honda North, I've gone there once to have a look at CU2, came across a very pressure selling salesman - walked straight out. He got me trapped in the car though! Had to put through some excuses to get out of the dealership ASAP!

Ended up with Prestige - I normally like to be left alone (and most of the salesman knows me well enough since I come there often) to browse the cars then when I'm ready I approach my usual salesman to make enquiries!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro 5AT
    I agree with TypeR postitive,

Bunbury honda are good for service and sales. I went there many times before buying my (eventually a private sale) CL9. even though they didnt get the sale, they were more than happy to service after i told them they lost out. and the service is good, just watch out they dont try to add in a few extra hours of labour here and there.
    once they tried to charge me 1 hour labour for diagnostics of warper front rotors when i already told them thats what the problem is, and they had already used another hour of time to skim them and replace the pads.
    Service sure aint cheap for hondas...