Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    you just fit it through and torque it up and whack the split pin in
    you don't have to hammer them back into place when reinstalling

i have but it doesn't seem like the ball joint is secured in :S when i take off the castle nut again, it pops back out

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    once you've got the castle nut back on you might need to put some load on it to stop the nut from free-spinning

have you jacked up the whole knuckle to line up the upper control arm to do up the ball joint? if you have lower it then torque it up properly

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    does anyone have advice on putting the upper ball joint back in, having abit of difficulties because i can't tap it properly with the hammer
    Gon brake
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    I dont think ive ever had trouble with one. merely just line it up and secure nut. Got a pic, unless something isnt line up correctly?

also when putting the ball joint back in try clean the part where it is going to go into with some fine / medium grit sand paper to remove all foreign materials and rust will me it a hell of a lot easier

and maybe a tiny whisker of WD40 etc to help it slip in and as above the tension of doing the nut back up pulls it up into its "slot" well hole

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    to pop the lower ball joint you can just put a jack underneath the lower control arm and jack up the brake a few inches, then find a socket extension/breaker bar/anything solid to wedge between the control arm and where the ball joint is mounted. then just drop the jack and POP! it's undone.

completely painless.

like so:

unless this is about REMOVING the actual ball joint??
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

^^^^^^^^

What he said that is the EASIEST way by far to spread them its like job done in 30 seconds i loved that move have used it a dozen times just sometimes you need to do it about 3-4 times

But then to remove it you may need to take the arm out for a press or there may be some type of small press you could use , or if your strong a big hammer and lots of muscle

But i believe this is about the removal and install

wish i knew that trick, taking it out, i used the vibration method with a mallet.

this is for putting the upper ball joint back in, it went in fine on the driver side, but i'm struggling with the passenger..

i'll give it another go and take some pics when it's not 38 degrees outside