Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    likewise - got it out using a 8mm pin punch... no drilling or cutting or grinding
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

so, everyone is saying an 8mm pin punch is the way to go???

if so, i'll get one from bunnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    so, everyone is saying an 8mm pin punch is the way to go???

if so, i'll get one from bunnings.
    Yes ffs.
    Get a FLAT HEADED 8mm punch. Use a medium or heavy hammer , a few whacks or heaps of light taps will see it shoot up and out.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    FLAT HEADED

i cant stress that enough, the only reason i failed is because i was using a round headed one. come out very simply with like 4 hits with a 8mm punch jus make sure its flat headed
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    looks like someones messed around with this bitch pin. can anyone give me some pointers as to how to get this one out? if not, ill just grind it down and go hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    find a pin punch that will fit in the pin , and belt it on a angle,

If not use the pin punch, and punch the burrs in, so it isn't in the way
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Some needle nose pliers may pinch the edges in too - try a two pinches at perpendicular angles

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    I used a powersteering pump bolt to get mine out very easy. Just line it inside and hammer away.
    I suggest going in from the other side and hammering it out.

I use to lie on my back and hammer away as well, which works but can take a while with some stubborn pins. Plus you don't exactly have much room to swing a hammer when lying on your back, you risk damaging other parts and your arm gets really sore

This new method I've just concocted is basically a contraption involving a g-clamp, torx bit and a couple sockets. You can probably figure out where I'm going with this. Instead of hammering shit, you're simply pressing it out.

Much quicker, cleaner and safer in my experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    FOOL PROOF WAY- tapperd 12mm bolt that bolts the A/C to the bracket if that bolt is too long and u can get swing on the hammer ull find another 12mm bolt that goes thru the bracket and tensions your pwr steering pump the tapper centers the punch and wont chamfer the sides making it harder to get out
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud