Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R

ERL B18C race motor (short block)

Hi guys,

Has anyone had any experience or dealings with ERL? Even better, is anyone running one of their short blocks in their cars?

They do a B18C short motor prepared for racing which includes darton sleeves, their proprietary super deck reinforcement, forged 84mm pistons, rods, race bearings throughout and new B18C crank etc.

Sounds pretty interesting, all for 3700 USD.

I can't seem to find any information about the sorts of RPM these engines can be revved to or the sorts of power that can be extracted from them using a good head (I'm guessing TODA spec C cams and supporting mods would be required for maximum benefit?)

http://www.erlperformance.com/index....&Itemid=100006

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1,4,9
    the block will handle plenty of horsepower, goto the darton website i know their sleeves can handle up to 800hp in some cases. In regards to running High RPM it all depends on what rolling assembly you use (pistons, crank, rods, etc..). Just remember the more you stroke you engine the less reliable it will be at high rpm, the shorter your pistons have to travel the more stable the motor will be.
    HORSEPOWER is how hard you hit the wall.
    TORQUE is how far you go through it!

Member Array
    Car:
    k24 crx 12.103@111.50mph
    i have a mate that bought parts from erl and i think they are very good with the service..
    let me know if u want me to ask him questions?
    12.103@111mph
    POWERED BY DR HONDA
    *DRH24R*

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Yes i bought one of these blocks back in the day but a d16z6 LoL made - 500(yanky)WHP. Sean is a good contact at ERL performance.. they have good customer support and do help out after its built in your hands (unlike other yanky companies that want nothing to do with you once you have recieved you product).

Another reputable USA Honda engine builder is ERL Lasky. (however i have never delt with him so cant comment)

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    great builder, just a little on the $$$ side, i was going to go with one, but a build that is bang for buck is from laskey raacing, pauter rods, cp's, acl bearings, benson sleeved, balanced crank, new oem oil and water pumps for 3450US, they will all charge you an extra 4-500US for a core exchange.

Anyway ERL is one of the best in the business, a lot of $$$ are needed to support other mods tho. search around on honda-tech.com heaps of info there, only our AU$ don't help us atm.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    I am in the process of building my motor with there Superdeck II system which is a billet alumunium plate pressed in giving a raised deck to keep a rod/stroke identical to the stock b18c even though mine is stroked 7mm over stock, along with darton sleeves, these blocks are used in some of the worlds 7 and 9 second hondas. In my dealings with ERL i think they are one of the very best in the industrie.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    They do very nice, top notch work. And they're not all that pricey when you look at what you get.
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Magneti Marelli, Jenvey and Digitek Corse
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au