Page 222 of 246 FirstFirst ... 122172212219220221222223224225232 ... LastLast
Results 2,653 to 2,664 of 2952

Thread: cu2 mods

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob.b1 View Post
    Just installed my Injen, but will be removing it as of tomorrow.
    Just not what I expected.
    So if anyone is interested In purchasing pm me.
    Cheers
    Rob
    care of elaborate?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

ICU2's noob questions again,

Will I have to notify insurance about CAI (will premiums increase )?

What are the chances of hydrolocking in heavy rain?

P.S

Can someone please upload a sound clip of their CAI

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    care of elaborate?
    Purchased it on impluse.

Not needed anymore.

If anyone interested, willing to sell cheap

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    ICU2's noob questions again,

Will I have to notify insurance about CAI (will premiums increase )?

What are the chances of hydrolocking in heavy rain?

P.S

Can someone please upload a sound clip of their CAI
    Plenty of vids on youtube on CU2's with CAI,
    You only get hydrolocking if your filter is completely submerged.. (you could always get a injen water cover thingy for the filter)

INsurance wise, well you should tell them for a small ish increase in premium (...icebox = stock so they cant tell... a shiny ass tube... they CAN tell lol)
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    you're always looking for ways to save the most money, but never consider long term costs and quality. All your purchases the same. This time do it right man and get at least Tein or BC.
    well to be fair
    i havent had any problems with anything ive bought so far. and the teins i have arent really a problem its mostly my driveway which has a stupid fkn gate stopper protruding
    i go new tyres with more tread and now it clears it fine. I just thought since im going to change shocks ANYWAY, might as well get coils...but im thinking long term how long im gunna keep the car, cause its not like it increases the cars value that much to have coils

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.b1 View Post
    Just installed my Injen, but will be removing it as of tomorrow.
    Just not what I expected.
    So if anyone is interested In purchasing pm me.
    Cheers
    Rob
    Lol i interpretted that as "i got a cai it was not as i expected....it makes the car slower [omitted]"

Plenty of vids on youtube on CU2's with CAI,
    You only get hydrolocking if your filter is completely submerged.. (you could always get a injen water cover thingy for the filter)

INsurance wise, well you should tell them for a small ish increase in premium (...icebox = stock so they cant tell... a shiny ass tube... they CAN tell lol)
    How much is the icebox? i thought there was a downside to the icebox cause there was an issue with it being made of thin carbon fibre
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    well to be fair
    i havent had any problems with anything ive bought so far. and the teins i have arent really a problem its mostly my driveway which has a stupid fkn gate stopper protruding
    i go new tyres with more tread and now it clears it fine. I just thought since im going to change shocks ANYWAY, might as well get coils...but im thinking long term how long im gunna keep the car, cause its not like it increases the cars value that much to have coils
    I mean not increasing the value of the car itseslf , but buying wisely, not necessarily based on lowest price possible at time of purchase. Your stock shocks now need replacing because you put springs on stock shocks instead of getting coilovers. That kind of stuff. Now you've got to buy new shocks , or coilovers , pay for installation again, and alignment etc. Would have been cheaper/less hassle to 'do it right' in the first place. That's all Im saying

And I remember you bought that cheap replica lip kit from china to save money and it didnt fit and you couldnt use it (could be thinking of someone else?). I just hope those advan replica wheels you got dont crack if you ever go over a curb.
    Last edited by Rudy; 28-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    I mean not increasing the value of the car itseslf , but buying wisely, not necessarily based on lowest price possible at time of purchase. Your stock shocks now need replacing because you put springs on stock shocks instead of getting coilovers. That kind of stuff. Now you've got to buy new shocks , or coilovers , pay for installation again, and alignment etc. Would have been cheaper/less hassle to 'do it right' in the first place. That's all Im saying

And I remember you bought that cheap replica lip kit from china to save money and it didnt fit and you couldnt use it (could be thinking of someone else?). I just hope those advan replica wheels you got dont crack if you ever go over a curb.
    i agree with the. lowered car on stock shocks is a bad idea
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    When it comes to cold air intakes. I believe Airbox systems and Short Ram intake with heat shields are the best for overall power and response.

The type that has the pod filter in the wheel arch (Injen CAI for example) tends to shift the power curve to the peak RPM area and greatly increases the chance of hydrolocking the car since it's much closer to the ground.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto

totally agree with u bro
    just that at the time i was a Poor unistudent *sadface*
    not a problem now

and with the kit, i THOUGHT i had an issue with fitament, turned out to be just natural flex of the plastics, my installer was good and fit it with no problems

and yeh im concerned about the advans but lately i havent been driving that much and other ppl whove bought them seem to have no issues.

anyway, with the takeda going for <$300usd now. im hard pressed to think of reasons why not to get them, you can always pick up a heat shield for the SRI for $50 off ebay as well.
    how much are the iceboxes? and nobody knows about the disadvantages of the iceboxes? heard there was rattling or something
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    totally agree with u bro
    just that at the time i was a Poor unistudent *sadface*
    not a problem now

and with the kit, i THOUGHT i had an issue with fitament, turned out to be just natural flex of the plastics, my installer was good and fit it with no problems

and yeh im concerned about the advans but lately i havent been driving that much and other ppl whove bought them seem to have no issues.

anyway, with the takeda going for <$300usd now. im hard pressed to think of reasons why not to get them, you can always pick up a heat shield for the SRI for $50 off ebay as well.
    how much are the iceboxes? and nobody knows about the disadvantages of the iceboxes? heard there was rattling or something
    Icebox for CU2 is a bit iffy since the CF is really thin.

For CL9 no problem (except when trying to fit it lol)

The fake advan you got are probably outta the same factory as the real thing... Just sayin.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord

The fake advan you got are probably outta the same factory as the real thing... Just sayin.
    If the 'made in japan' stamp on the real Advan is just for kicks and they are actually produced in the same factory in China, what point are you trying to make? Or did you mean that the factory in Japan used by Yokohama also make replicas and export them to China? Sorry for the confusion!
    Last edited by Rudy; 29-04-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    If the 'made in japan' stamp on the real Advan is just for kicks and they are actually produced in the same factory in China, what point are you trying to make? Or did you mean that the factory in Japan used by Yokohama also make replicas and export them to China? Sorry for the confusion!
    Thats more for Enkei's Sparco, Buddyclub etc.

Actually... Im pretty sure ADVAN's are made by enkei...