Page 223 of 246 FirstFirst ... 123173213220221222223224225226233 ... LastLast
Results 2,665 to 2,676 of 2952

Thread: cu2 mods

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Thats more for Enkei's Sparco, Buddyclub etc.

Actually... Im pretty sure ADVAN's are made by enkei...

Im still not sure what point you were trying to originally make by saying they were probably made in the same factory, which I highly doubt.
    Last edited by Rudy; 29-04-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Im still not sure what point you were trying to originally make by saying they were probably made in the same factory, which I highly doubt.
    All I'm saying is that don't take anything at face value.

Cheap =\= bad
    Expansive =\= good and vice versa.

Besides, iirc a lot of multi piece wheels are forged in Japan but assembled in China, however because the majority of the manufacturing cost is from Japan its still considered "Made in Japan"

Just because it's stamped with made in Japan doesn't meant is necessarily made there, I distinctively remember the buddy clubs "official" reseller in Canada was selling knock offs.

Same as a J's racing reseller in the states selling knock off J's exhaust (AJ racing iirc)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    All I'm saying is that don't take anything at face value.

Cheap =\= bad
    Expansive =\= good and vice versa.

Besides, iirc a lot of multi piece wheels are forged in Japan but assembled in China, however because the majority of the manufacturing cost is from Japan its still considered "Made in Japan"

Just because it's stamped with made in Japan doesn't meant is necessarily made there, I distinctively remember the buddy clubs "official" reseller in Canada was selling knock offs.

Same as a J's racing reseller in the states selling knock off J's exhaust (AJ racing iirc)

I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying.

Affordable wheels can definitely be of good quality (as with many enkei wheels), and expensive wheels can be crap quality (eg ADV1). Fully agree with you there. Im not even an Advan wheel fan for the record...almost did a double take when found out the RS were 4k and cast. Im not saying they are good value for money at all.

I've got nothing against where a wheel is made but rather the quality and testing that goes into it, none of which occur with the vast majority of replica wheels. The real advan wheels are used on many time attack cars in Jap for a reason. Vicroads actually require wheels to meet certain international strength standards to even be legal. I can almost guarantee this advan replica isn't made using the same casting process, with the same quality control, and definitely not certified to JWL/VIA , SAE or any international standards. Put them on the scale and it will be a lot heavier too. This would still apply even if they were made in the same factory as the replica.

Those wheels made in Japan but assembled in china would still adhere to the quality control and manufacturing techniques specified by the Japanese parent company and then JWL certified in order to be sold in Japan.
    Last edited by Rudy; 29-04-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    Icebox for CU2 is a bit iffy since the CF is really thin.

For CL9 no problem (except when trying to fit it lol)

The fake advan you got are probably outta the same factory as the real thing... Just sayin.
    can you elaborate on the iffy ness? does it work? im srsly thinking icebox over sri w/heatshield

my advans are definitely replicas. theyre gravity cast which is the least best way of creating wheels
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    can you elaborate on the iffy ness? does it work? im srsly thinking icebox over sri w/heatshield

my advans are definitely replicas. theyre gravity cast which is the least best way of creating wheels
    The icebox is double the price of injen.

Because carbon fibre, there's reports of the ct-e icebox being a bit filmsy.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    hmm so its better and cheaper to get an SRI with heatshield then? i really dun wanna worry about hyrdo lock esp with winter coming so i think SRI shud be fine
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    hmm so its better and cheaper to get an SRI with heatshield then? i really dun wanna worry about hyrdo lock esp with winter coming so i think SRI shud be fine
    The injen CAI can be converted to SRI if needed.

And you could buy An injen hydroshield. For the CAI

The icebox is double the price of injen.

Because carbon fibre, there's reports of the ct-e icebox being a bit filmsy.
    And rattling... here's the clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I42h...ature=youtu.be

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Lolololololol @ slow motion

They really should've added a layer of resin inside as reinforcement.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Holy moly! that is some major wobble
    but since its real CF its not like its gunna break tho. but i assume it makes ridiculous noise during driving

but looks like Injen SRI is the way to go! are SRI illegal in NSW?
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

...are SRI illegal in NSW?
    I thought it has been said a lot of times here fury... it is as long as you can provide the heat shield and probably engineer certificate

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Has anyone here placed order with heeltoe on the Progress RSB and been told theres 3-4 week wait?