Page 67 of 246 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077117167 ... LastLast

Thread: cu2 mods

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    8 hrs? geee. good work. liek you wheels too, are they 245's/20 inch?

with the Type S kit, I agree that the back end looks great., but the after market kit looks a touch rough to me
    front wheel 235/35/20 and for the rear 275/30/20 hehehe yup 8 hrs lolz with infinity glare advance... this product really great on dark cu2. give your car more
    gloss

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    im getting my kit painted next monday and it should be done by wednesday.. springs going on saturday so will have pics up by next weekend...

i realise most guys are skeptical about the type S rear lip, but i think its one of those things you gotta see in person to really know if it will grow on you or not...

the kit on the bodykitskingdom website wasnt paint matched that great, but will definately post up pics when i get it fitted and painted...

was thinking of modifiying my oem grille, and get it painted while its at the paintshop, but i really need some new mesh to get behind it...

Quote Originally Posted by nesterjester View Post
    im getting my kit painted next monday and it should be done by wednesday.. springs going on saturday so will have pics up by next weekend...

i realise most guys are skeptical about the type S rear lip, but i think its one of those things you gotta see in person to really know if it will grow on you or not...

the kit on the bodykitskingdom website wasnt paint matched that great, but will definately post up pics when i get it fitted and painted...

was thinking of modifiying my oem grille, and get it painted while its at the paintshop, but i really need some new mesh to get behind it...
    That is why you should show us your car when its done to make us think otherwise

Are you gonna paint your grille black like denot's? that would look hawt man... Its an alternative of buying the sport grille, which i love but find it too expensive.
    IN3RTIA

ESPELIR Springs | 6000k MTEC | WORK GS1 | INJEN Cold Air Intake | Honda Access Kits | Fujitsubo Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    sigh i just got back from holidays in china
    My mugen replica kit arrived with the type s rear lip
    problem is it was taller than me when stood on its end and it was in 2 boxes. so i had no way of bringing it back on me on the plane (considering i had a 3 day stopover at japan on the way back)
    and i cudnt check it in as ski gear cause its too big and weight around 20kgs

anyway, i checked out all the price quotes from couriers and stuff. DHL and all are quoting around $400aud to get it shipped here. I cud not find any cheaper and dunno any sea freighters (i dont care if it takes 3 months to get here)
    I have no idea how the hell the supplier was able to quote me $200usd for shipping directly to australia from dhl as well. Maybe its just cheaper from shenzheng (near hk which is a shipping port). In retrospect i wish i didnt take the cheap route of $50 shipping and taking it back to Aus myself. wudve saved around $250

im kinda stuck with wat to do right now. My kit is is with my relos in china. For $400 shipping, i cud just buy a new kit from the supplier shipped to australia! no way am i paying that.
    anyone got any ideas for cheaper shipping?
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

thats bosss
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    UPDATE

well after taking my car in for a service i decided while i had the bumper off to reinstall my CAI (removed it for the service and yes i put my resonator back on) i decided to do my clear my headlights. Now i took these pics with my iphone so the quality is shizzle but i used the a guide from a kowloon (i think) from acurazine who cleared his headlights with the oven bake method. So, with no experiance doing it, i decided to go DIY and give it a go. I will post up pics of it on the car tomorrow as I have little time on the comp tonight.

just need to get some amber led t20 bulbs!

UPDATE 2:
    I dropped my type s kit off to the paintshop today and will have it back by thursday (hopefully). So pics will be up soon. I did a test fit there and its perfect. The best thing about PU kits is that they almost guarantee fitment! I was so suprised how well it fit! Pics will be up this THURS.

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    sigh i just got back from holidays in china
    My mugen replica kit arrived with the type s rear lip
    problem is it was taller than me when stood on its end and it was in 2 boxes. so i had no way of bringing it back on me on the plane (considering i had a 3 day stopover at japan on the way back)
    and i cudnt check it in as ski gear cause its too big and weight around 20kgs

anyway, i checked out all the price quotes from couriers and stuff. DHL and all are quoting around $400aud to get it shipped here. I cud not find any cheaper and dunno any sea freighters (i dont care if it takes 3 months to get here)
    I have no idea how the hell the supplier was able to quote me $200usd for shipping directly to australia from dhl as well. Maybe its just cheaper from shenzheng (near hk which is a shipping port). In retrospect i wish i didnt take the cheap route of $50 shipping and taking it back to Aus myself. wudve saved around $250

im kinda stuck with wat to do right now. My kit is is with my relos in china. For $400 shipping, i cud just buy a new kit from the supplier shipped to australia! no way am i paying that.
    anyone got any ideas for cheaper shipping?

man you got yourself in quite a scenario! I feel for you! have you tried other international couriers like fedx or ipec? if theres no other way mate, best thing to do is bite the bullet and pay $400 to get it over, that way itll be in Australia and thats what you want. Sometimes theres no cheap way out.

Or as you said get it sent to shenzheng and get it sent from there. I know its hassle but if you want to save a buck itll be worth it! let us know how you go mate!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by nesterjester View Post
    UPDATE

well after taking my car in for a service i decided while i had the bumper off to reinstall my CAI (removed it for the service and yes i put my resonator back on) i decided to do my clear my headlights. Now i took these pics with my iphone so the quality is shizzle but i used the a guide from a kowloon (i think) from acurazine who cleared his headlights with the oven bake method. So, with no experiance doing it, i decided to go DIY and give it a go. I will post up pics of it on the car tomorrow as I have little time on the comp tonight.

just need to get some amber led t20 bulbs!

UPDATE 2:
    I dropped my type s kit off to the paintshop today and will have it back by thursday (hopefully). So pics will be up soon. I did a test fit there and its perfect. The best thing about PU kits is that they almost guarantee fitment! I was so suprised how well it fit! Pics will be up this THURS.
    WOW, that oven bake method looks interesting, link us to the acurazine thread, what does it actually do? Melt off the Amber Reflector or something?

P.S: can't wait to finally see a CBP with the type S Kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/show...&highlight=Diy

that's the link to his diy, he makes it sound so easssy! It was a learning curve for me as my oven was too small and I was hesistan having my $35000+ cars headlights in the oven! What it actually does is melt the sealnt around the headlight housing so you can seperatr the two parts. The tough par is seperating it without:
    1. Messing the shape of the headlight casing
    2. Getting hot melted sealant all over the kitchen, headlights, and yourself
    3. Burning yourself
    4. Snapping the glass on the headlight casing

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    is CU2 worth to mod? IMO CL is easier to mod CU is really more into family car type of car

Quote Originally Posted by raffyboy View Post
    is CU2 worth to mod? IMO CL is easier to mod CU is really more into family car type of car
    trust me CU2 is nowhere near family car...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00 DC2R
    bring both CL and CU to track

let the lap times do the talking
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614