Page 217 of 246 FirstFirst ... 117167207214215216217218219220227 ... LastLast
Results 2,593 to 2,604 of 2952

Thread: cu2 mods

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    [QUOTE=furythree;3316414]how much were the sway bar and intake? from where?

RSB $150 ( Combined postage with Teinn SS and EFDC )

Takeda - ended up buying from amazon as i was buying so much fromm heeltoe and he would price match just the CAI so got it for US$269 delivered amazon. Save US$116 Heeltoe was US$385 delivered

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002FUR0EM/...C1_cs_sce_dp_1
    Last edited by Neilz; 14-04-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Quick Q:

I finally got time to put the car in the garage - except the mechanic asked about the camber - i knew i bloody forgot something... With a lowered Tein SS and EFDC which camber or toe kit will i need to factory specs?

Heeltoe is the one i can find cheap enough ( iv overblown my budget now that i forgot the damn camber kits :\) - unless anyone knows cheaper?

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/spc-adjus...2-67540.1.html < this one?

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/spc-adjus...2-67545.1.html < this one?

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/spc-adjus...2-67555.1.html < this one?

Any help on this will be great! Will need to hold off until i know which kit to get... i Heard J Power is cheaper but same specced construction as SPC?

A mate of mine also suggested me to get a J Power camber kit (never heard of them or seen them. I've only seen SPC and possibly others but I don't pay attention)? He said the 8th gen Accord's use it I think and they seem to work fine. Pretty sure it was 6 arms for $200 and throw in a ball point for an extra $50.
    I myself need a camber kit too but I don't think I'd need 3 arms. I would probably only need 1 because I need to run camber for my wheels to fit.

But it depends on what you're going for.
    How low your car is.
    What specs wheels/tyres you're going to run.
    If you want/need camber to fit the wheels.

For example, I'm running about -4.5 to -5 (haven't gotten another alignment after my defect yet :S) and I was planning to get a 1 arm to just make both sides even or adjust it a bit more.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Go with the J power imo. Ive used the SPC camber arms and then switched to J power when I lowered more and needed more adjustment. J power is identical to the SPC minus the stamp when compared side by side. SPC 6 arms is around $400 US and J power 6 arms around 200. SPC camber arms pair is 180 on heeltoe, so you might as well spend 20 ish more and just get the J power and have full adjustability.
    Last edited by Rudy; 14-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Go with the J power imo. Ive used the SPC camber arms and then switched to J power when I lowered more and needed more adjustment.
    thnks for the info. i suppose you are talking using the tein ss coilovers and are 1-2 finger height? im not doing crazy low heights as i prefer a spirited drive but at the same time not so low that ill scratch every driveway etc. i just want the rear factory spec camber so no uneven tyre ware... would i need a 1 piece or 3 piece camber kit?

the Adjustable Rear Toe Arm : http://www.heeltoeauto.com/spc-adjus...2-67555.1.html

will i need the toe arm ? im abit a noob at this as the mechanic questioned me regarding this and i had no idea..

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilz View Post
    thnks for the info. i suppose you are talking using the tein ss coilovers and are 1-2 finger height? im not doing crazy low heights as i prefer a spirited drive but at the same time not so low that ill scratch every driveway etc. i just want the rear factory spec camber so no uneven tyre ware... would i need a 1 piece or 3 piece camber kit?

the Adjustable Rear Toe Arm : http://www.heeltoeauto.com/spc-adjus...2-67555.1.html

will i need the toe arm ? im abit a noob at this as the mechanic questioned me regarding this and i had no idea..
    The factory specs I believe allows up to 1.5 deg negative camber in the rear (someone correct me if im wrong..it could be -1 ?). Its hard to say what your current camber is at without a pic or at least some kind of objective measure. In general though, if you are lowered 1.5" or less in the rear, your camber won't be so great that it cant be corrected with just the adjustable camber arm only (which allow 1 degree adjustment).

The 3 arm kits, whether SPC or Jpower, include camber, toe, and casters arms and allow up to 3 degrees adjustment in camber.

One can buy each item seperately as well. So, you can start with just the camber arms, and then if you find this doesn't get you within OEM alignment specs, can then buy the toe arm etc later on. But given that the full 6 arm kit (ie 3 arms each side) from J power is so close in price to the 2 arm kit (1 camber arm each side) SPC kit, I suggested to just get that kit, and you will be assured that they will be able to get you into OEM alignment specs. (that also means only paying for one alignment as you dont need to get more arms later on and re align as well as less installation costs).

Also , keep in mind, all those links on heeltoe are for one side only. You need to buy 2 of each. Eg 200 x 2 ( spc 3 arm), 90 x 2 (spc camber arm), etc. Even for the SPC kits, Id recommend ebay as I believe they are a bit cheaper. Heeltoe is good for some things though. Although I cant recall who has cheaper shipping, but at minimum, it would be worth comparing total prices from both places. For J power, you can only get that on ebay though.
    Last edited by Rudy; 14-04-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    One can buy each item seperately as well. So, you can start with just the camber arms, and then if you find this doesn't get you within OEM alignment specs, can then buy the toe arm etc later on. But given that the full 6 arm kit (ie 3 arms each side) from J power is so close in price to the 2 arm kit (1 camber arm each side) SPC kit, I suggested to just get that kit, and you will be assured that they will be able to get you into OEM alignment specs. (that also means only paying for one alignment as you dont need to get more arms later on and re align as well as less installation costs).
    Cheers Mate! Made it more clearer then i was making it out to be..yeah i will probably drop it max 1-1.5" so best bet is to buy the three arm set per side rather then risk it and waste more money on postage... have spare set just in case :P

Iv contacted heeltoe on the best price on the spc cambers and combining them into one box saving postage. if that cant be done ill just grab the j power off ebay and haggle there hehe... to bad now ill just wait it out another month and install everything in one go... hopefully mechanic will do it for $200 plus box of beer

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    probably a good idea to get the entire kit yeah, I just went with the camber arm.. luckily enough the eibach springs have a 2 week delay so the ebay company offered me a full refund on shipping as compensation.. so $250 for eibachs.. haha

btw such a pain in the ass to run 19s legally..

only tyres I found that will work (that are a reasonable price) are 245/40/19 kuhmo KU19s ( $225 ea ) that have a 98 load rating (does it matter if its Y or W rating?)

then rims have to be a minimum of + 43 / not staggered (checked the RTA guideline) etc..
    Last edited by Vaku; 14-04-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    cu2typesmodulo
    [QUOTE=Neilz;3337563]
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    how much were the sway bar and intake? from where?

RSB $150 ( Combined postage with Teinn SS and EFDC )

Takeda - ended up buying from amazon as i was buying so much fromm heeltoe and he would price match just the CAI so got it for US$269 delivered amazon. Save US$116 Heeltoe was US$385 delivered

Make sure you get a guy who knows what they are doing. Cos with the edfc kit, there is a bit of metal cutting that needs to be done on the rear wheel as the motor bit that goes on the top of the coilovers will hit the car frame and will damage it. You can contact teins supplier headoffice in your state and they can recommend a qualified installer. Also, if the installer is not a certified tein installer, the installation would not be covered if something goes wrong. Did mine a year ago with the tein ss, edfc kit, rsb, sr intake. Drop the car 15mm front and 10mm rear from what i remember. That is the lowest you can go without a need of a camber kit. Plus the place it did mine does track setups for the v8s and touring car events.

[QUOTE=Neilz;3337563]
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post

How strange! I want to buy a lot of things from amazon.com but never found one that want to ship to Sydney...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    [QUOTE=denot;3338014]
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilz View Post

How strange! I want to buy a lot of things from amazon.com but never found one that want to ship to Sydney...
    lol yup and $28 shipping cheaper then all the rest and i get it this week~!

My latest mod

Car felt smoother for sure. Would be better if i remove the fog light cover, but i'm already scared of the rain from these 2 days
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com