Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

"DoubleDin" Project

Sold my JVC deck like 1 month ago as i wanted to do this project being inspire by other mate.

Got my small Netbook
    Order my Aux input and installed it today (Thansk to joycetick) i order it

Thread is here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=aux+input

Order a GPS receiver and tuck in nicely at the passenger side near the front

[/URL]

I put all my cables into my glove box.

setup my netbook with Centrafuse

Tested the mp3s ...works AWESOME and sounds good even with AUX input through stock speakers!

The most crucial feature which i want is the GPS and it works AWESOME!!!!

Next thing i need to do is output it via my netbook to make it touchscreen which i will do it this week.

Will keep posting.. LEt me know what you guys think?
    Last edited by defibros; 19-05-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    OMg best of the best ice system cant wait till its finished i want one

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    OMg best of the best ice system cant wait till its finished i want one
    Thanks...

its a poor man's deck ...

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    So where exactly do you put the netbook? I couldn't see the background clearly.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Atjo View Post
    So where exactly do you put the netbook? I couldn't see the background clearly.
    i put my tiny netbook in my glove compartment

how are you going to use the gps while you are driving?? like where you going to put the computer?

ok i guess we are all confused. i have hook up a touch screen which i bought so that it can the netbook can output to it.

here is a pic how it looks like when i hook up the double din screen to my netbook.

i am very impress by the screen resolution. As you guys can see, i have both the screen up.one on my netbook and the other to the doubledin screen. All the External GPS will be connected to my other usb ports on my netbook. I will output the sound through the netbook via the Aux input so that it goes to the stock car system..

i have configure it to output to just the doubledin screen and calibrate the doubledin touch screen.

The doubledin screen will be sitting below the stock radio. THe netbook will be in my glove comparment.Will take more pics when i set it up..

The below pic shows i am actually touching the doubledin touch screen and it works ...

Below is a screen shot of me loading up the forum.

Hope you guys understand what i am trying to do....

great project there mate!!! bring a new level of "carputer"

anyway some quick questions here... how did you power your netbook? how did you connect from the netbook to the screen?

I was expecting to see windows background and stuff on the screen but it looks like the screen has its own operating system. Is this just a "touch screen" or is it a full "Double Din HU"?

Finally, how much it cost you roughly till now for all the setup? I'm interested on doin a lil project like this myself in the future...

cheers mate!

EDIT: my bad, I think I know the answer to some of the questions after looking @ your pics again... but I let you answer to clarify

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dope cu2 rollin on 19s
    thats sick. how do you power the net book. ive hooked up my laptop to my head unit a few times, but only runs for an hour before battery dies.

how long is start up? and booting everything up so music is playing?

so you have to boot up the PC everytime you drive??

Firstly, the double din is just a pure DoubleDin unit. Yes i am running windows and centrafuse is just a front end software which i use to run on windows.

i am currently running my netbook by its own battery. Last more than 3 hours each time so i am happy with it.

The netbook is connected to the screen by the netbook's video output. The doubledin touch screen which i purchased has a VIDEO IN input

I guess the most expensive cost is the NETBOOK itself. I got the screen from US for around $500. The GPS receiver is around $90 AUD and the Aux input is around $100 plus as well.

I will be getting a in car charger from EBAy i guess as i presume my netbook battery will run out pretty soon as i am running GPS, Music and something even adult movies oppps i mean movies when i am driving

Hope it answer all your questions

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    great project there mate!!! bring a new level of "carputer"

anyway some quick questions here... how did you power your netbook? how did you connect from the netbook to the screen?

I was expecting to see windows background and stuff on the screen but it looks like the screen has its own operating system. Is this just a "touch screen" or is it a full "Double Din HU"?

Finally, how much it cost you roughly till now for all the setup? I'm interested on doin a lil project like this myself in the future...

cheers mate!

EDIT: my bad, I think I know the answer to some of the questions after looking @ your pics again... but I let you answer to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    so you have to boot up the PC everytime you drive??
    Yes i boot the PC and leave it sitting in my glove box ..