Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am running Windows 7 RC version and i solely use my netbook for my CAr now. Its boots up pretty fast . Centrafuse runs really smooth and yes i can run GPS and music at the same time .

Quote Originally Posted by crunkman99 View Post
    thats sick. how do you power the net book. ive hooked up my laptop to my head unit a few times, but only runs for an hour before battery dies.

how long is start up? and booting everything up so music is playing?

I am really happy you guys like it...I will try to fit my doubledin into my car this week and take pictures

Feel free to ask me any questions or even give me some tips

Thanks for the answers mate! Now you can browse internet with the wireless modem as well in your car...
    So the drawback will be how hard n a bit costly to setup and teh goodness are internet, games, etc heheheh

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Thanks for the answers mate! Now you can browse internet with the wireless modem as well in your car...
    So the drawback will be how hard n a bit costly to setup and teh goodness are internet, games, etc heheheh
    Yes i was driving along some houses and i am so suprise it picks up so many unsecure network

i am able to surf the internet, download stuff when i just park outside some unsecure network

pretty cool, seems like a bit of a hassle booting it up all the time though.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 CL9 LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by defibros View Post
    I will be getting a in car charger from EBAy i guess as i presume my netbook battery will run out pretty soon as i am running GPS, Music and something even adult movies oppps i mean movies when i am driving
    LOL crank that sh!t whilst driving and watch the carnage of accidents

Sounds like an awesome project. Top stuff!`
    Mods: Baby seat in the back

Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    pretty cool, seems like a bit of a hassle booting it up all the time though.
    its less than 1 min to boot up..i usually warm up my car so i think its ok

Quote Originally Posted by defibros View Post
    its less than 1 min to boot up..i usually warm up my car so i think its ok
    or buy the Asus EEPC, just took 8 sec to but the express gate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    one of my friends that owns a s15 recently installed a carputer..

I was his brains of the operation as he has completed it with bludge parts.

Centrafuse is an awesome program to run on any car

Unfortunately he didn't have AUX unlike our cars, so a sound card was necessary for him.

As a power source he purchased a "pc to car" converter. So the netbook is powered up when the engine is on.

He removed the netbook LCD screen and souly just used the netbook as a tower - use your imagination guys, placed the netbook to a place where it would be easy to access or invisible like what my friend did eg. underneath driver or passenger seat.

As a remote power access to netbook:
    Removed the power button from netbook and soulded it with a long cord with a button/switch. Installed it on his middle console near the E-break.. easy access to start or reboot netbook.

Would be a very good idea to purchase extra USB ports.
    As you are all aware.. Notebooks are equipped with hard drive space.. you can run USB flash sticks for extra space or TV adaptor (since your running off a windows) get HDTV in your car

Within my research for the past 7 months on getting my Honda OEM navigation system on my CL9 to use centrafuse... need someone to fund my project

I too have alot of questions to ask, correct me if i'm wrong guys..

Cheers pete
    Last edited by xsite85; 22-05-2009 at 09:48 AM.

I was thinking of having this instead of netbook/laptop: http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...hs1&l=en&s=dhs a bit pricey though...

or the Eee Box instead of EEPC: http://www.asus.com.au/products.aspx?l1=24&l2=165

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    I was thinking of having this instead of netbook/laptop: http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...hs1&l=en&s=dhs a bit pricey though...

or the Eee Box instead of EEPC: http://www.asus.com.au/products.aspx?l1=24&l2=165
    abit pricey don't you reckon?? 1.5k you can build a pretty solid car-puter for under 1k.. where you can upgrade more

Quote Originally Posted by xsite85 View Post
    abit pricey don't you reckon?? 1.5k you can build a pretty solid car-puter for under 1k.. where you can upgrade more
    my preference is I want to have it easy to remove so I can use it @ home as well... and EEPC is not that "powerful" enough for me... (will use it to play games and other work related programming as well)