Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Hondata vs Haltech on a dc5r?

Hi guys..

Just wanted to get some feedback/opinions on a Hondata compared to a Haltech ECU?

cheers

Everyones going to tell you Hondata, especially if you're running a DC5R. If not, I'd like to know what drugs they're on. I won't go too much into it in terms of opinion, as I personally don't own one, however, Hondata is the answer.

In terms of feedback, the ones who run it will tell you.

Abstract from Hondata Official Site

Why should I buy a Hondata system instead of a replacement standalone computer?

Nothing runs a Honda engine as well as Honda ECU. End of story.

If your car is a daily driver then this is the system for you. If you are tuning a race only car where starting and idling is not a concern, and you need features that Hondata does not offer, like control of 8 injectors, then you will need to consider other systems. Running a Hondata system will not limit your power though. Two of the world's fastest Hondas; Erick's Racing's 9.99 second Civic and the Progress/Vortech 204 mph Civic both use Hondata systems.

If you will not be tuning the system yourself, but will be paying others for this, then the Hondata system not only drives better, it costs less, and is much faster to tune as it is supplied with numerous Honda specific maps to reduce your dyno time.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    i guess Hondata it is then hey XD~

bang for buck Hondata is impossible to beat.

is it impossible to beat in terms of how well it can run a honda engine? No

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    i Know for a fact that ill be purchasing a hondata ecu asap.
    Chris F, i think what the abstract dc5s posted is implying; is if your not planning on taking your teg on track to run a specific course - then a Honda ECU is the only chip Honda drivers should be buying =D

jaseDC5R - http://www.haltech.com/index.php?opt...d=45&Itemid=40 <--- this is an FAQ link for haltech (although it doesnt really give you much)
    If you can find yourself someone who is very familiar with tuning honda's and your honda is close to stock, get the hondata ecu. you will gain much more power and at a cheaper price and there's always that piece of mind factor that your purchasing something specifically made for your car... cant go wrong ^^

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    I spoke to Haltech in weatherill park and they said in about 6 weeks they will have a Platinum Sport 1000 w/ plug n Play loom for the facelift dc5 and it should retail at $1700 but the tuner should sort out a better price.

Haltech would be better then hondata.
    specially on the Facelift models with the new ecu. Cause Kpro is only compatible with the prefacelift dc5
    big money getting it converted and issues
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    you can basiclly use the haltech on any 4cyl or rotaty car, with a universal loom, but aussie made plug and play FTMFW....

Quote Originally Posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    I spoke to Haltech in weatherill park and they said in about 6 weeks they will have a Platinum Sport 1000 w/ plug n Play loom for the facelift dc5 and it should retail at $1700 but the tuner should sort out a better price.

specially on the Facelift models with the new ecu. Cause Kpro is only compatible with the prefacelift dc5
    This would be interesting if it is made specifically for the DC5 as it gives Honda owners options. When you say Haltech would be better, in what aspects? Do you have specifications - please post.

Also, Kpro is available for facelift DC5, just more work involved. 05-06 Harness and PRB ECU.

Let us know how you go once you install the Haltech ECU and review

Member Array
    Car:
    06' DC5 & 04' CR-V SP

Can this be used on base auto dc5?
    I know heaps off ppl on clubrsx and inc myself are looking for ECU that works on facelifted auto dc5.
    Kyo.168@ClubITR Luxury Integra (My Car)
    With TypeS Wheels & JDM DC5R Header

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    Auto DC5 FTW!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Can this be used on base auto dc5?
    I know heaps off ppl on clubrsx and inc myself are looking for ECU that works on facelifted auto dc5.
    well for the base model you can use the interceptor( which is cheap) which is a gay piggyback like the kpro. im sure if you call the technical people at haltech they will steer you to what u need:
    Location 3 Centre Place, Wetherill Park NSW Australia 2164
    Phone 9729 0999

well for the base model you can use the interceptor( which is cheap) which is a gay piggyback like the kpro. im sure if you call the technical people at haltech they will steer you to what u need:
    Location 3 Centre Place, Wetherill Park NSW Australia 2164
    Phone 9729 0999
    So your thread is 'Hondata vs Haltech on a dc5r' and within a few posts you're already calling the kpro gay

Great, just the thread we need with the info that goes along with it