Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: extractors

Member Array
    Car:
    90 ef8 crx

extractors

anyone know where i could get extractors to suit an ed d15b4 or do u need to get them custom made?

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    xforce make em

Member Array
    Car:
    90 ef8 crx
    Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    xforce make em
    found them thanks for help, xforce any good?

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    my mate has em there not bad for the price

Member Array
    Car:
    Still waiting for it.....
    get the one on ebay there GREAT!!!!
    THE BEAST IS SLEEPING

Member Array
    Car:
    90 ef8 crx
    Quote Originally Posted by Djbinh View Post
    get the one on ebay there GREAT!!!!
    true?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    For a D15, the cheaper the better, there's no real point forking out more money for headers for this engine.

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    the ebay ones are the exact same quality and measurements as the xforce ones, only something like $400 cheaper. stainless steel as well.

@geeang - theres nothing wrong with a d15b4. im running a quad carburetor setup, stage 2 camshaft with titanium valvetrain, 13.65 compression, and its making 122fwkw, and it cost me a lot less than a B series conversion (less than 3k all up, including labour). its also a lighter chassis, making it fairly nimble.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    the ebay ones are the exact same quality and measurements as the xforce ones, only something like $400 cheaper. stainless steel as well.

@geeang - theres nothing wrong with a d15b4. im running a quad carburetor setup, stage 2 camshaft with titanium valvetrain, 13.65 compression, and its making 122fwkw, and it cost me a lot less than a B series conversion (less than 3k all up, including labour). its also a lighter chassis, making it fairly nimble.
    122fwkw = 163.6 fwhp, more than my jdm b18c (145.6fwhp)
    what EG come with d15b4????

what is the 1/4 mile like?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    122fwkw = 163.6 fwhp, more than my jdm b18c (145.6fwhp)
    what EG come with d15b4????

what is the 1/4 mile like?
    mine's not an EG, its an ED. the quad carburetor setup ended up being lighter than my oem twin carby setup, so the chassis is now around 780kg when empty (no air con, no carby support brace).

havent taken it to a track yet so i dont know the 1/4 mile, been mostly experimenting with the dyno. right now, im trying to sort out custom jets to lean out my mixtures as its still running too rich for my liking. running rich is always safer for a daily driver i guess, but i'd still like it a bit leaner for better fuel economy.
    Last edited by SeverAMV; 02-06-2009 at 07:12 PM.
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 ef8 crx
    just ordered some ebay mugen rip off's from monsta performance, hopefully there allright thanks for the info guys, and serverAMV.. shame ur not in bris would like to check ur ed out, sounds tuff. good to see someone in aus doing somthing different and tunning up the carby's insead of just engine swap. keep me posted with ur progress do u have a thread for it??

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    i had a build thread on other forums, but i havent updated them in a while.

but here's what the carbs looked like with mini trumpets

here's me hiding them inside a filter

and here's what they looked like before it went on my car

most people will say 'whats the point of having trumpets if theyre covered up'. the first trumpets/ram tubes used in vehicles were actually meant to be enclosed in a plenum. this is due to resonance and harmonics. in an individual throttle/carburetor setup, intake doesnt flow in one direction normally. in a carburetor setup, the intake charge gets pulled towards a valve by vacuum, and when the valve closes, the remaining intake charge is trapped within the barrel and still has inertia from the initial vacuum, and will hit the closed valve and bounce back. with the mini airbox type filter, i can catch the charge and pull it back in with the next wave. and due to the length of my 'runner', and the rpm range of my engine, i can hit the 4th and 3rd harmonics at 4500-5500rpm and 6500-7400rpm for an increase in volumetric efficiency. so although my motor doesnt have vtec, it feels like it does.

most will say thats a twin carburetor setup, but its a dual sidedraught twin pair weber setup. each barrel has their own jets, accelerator pumps, and emulsion tubes. its the same as a quad, only much easier to synch.

anyway, i think i should stop hijacking this thread.
    Last edited by SeverAMV; 03-06-2009 at 09:05 AM.