Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: k&n

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    SEXSPEC S2000 R1 & R6
    sydney is abit diff here, i got defected for having my lid off, even tho i had the standard filter, unsealed airfilet is a emmisions thing and they defect you, and he didnt believe s2k came with a stock pod. i even put the lid back on for him, tho he was still not happy.
    NIGHT SHIFT EVENTS
    S2KRZY-01 s2k.
    QSR S- 04 porsche boxster S
    07 YAMAHA R1 & [IWRNU] 06 RED/WHITE R6
    www.queenstsmash.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    i see.. ahh well easily fixed if you still have your old one anyway..

Can anyone rate the difference in sound from the stock pod filter to the K&N POD filter that fits in the stock box?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    i see.. ahh well easily fixed if you still have your old one anyway..

Can anyone rate the difference in sound from the stock pod filter to the K&N POD filter that fits in the stock box?
    It's quiter than factory, possibly because of the factory plastic bell mouth. You want loud and still keep the factory airbox. Use a uni-filter Rampod. One the loudest i've heard on an S2K.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by DNTBLO_S2k View Post
    sydney is abit diff here, i got defected for having my lid off, even tho i had the standard filter, unsealed airfilet is a emmisions thing and they defect you, and he didnt believe s2k came with a stock pod. i even put the lid back on for him, tho he was still not happy.
    Depends on the cop and what your car looks like, chrome wheels always attract defects. I've been pulled over plenty of times, given fines but never defected, Nearly every mod done to mine is a defectable, yet highway patrol don't seem to care.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Got a website i can find these "ram pods" at jap?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah. Uniflow.com.au
    There in West Gosford, Central Coast, New South Wales. They origanally only did motorsport applications, but they now offer replacement panels and pod. I paid about $150 some 5 years ago. So the price could be a little dearer now.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    cheers, so many to choose from wanna direct me in the right way?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    cheers, so many to choose from wanna direct me in the right way?
    dude there is only one for the s2k

Home > Products > RAMPODs & Intakes > RAMPODs

honda> s2k still $150

you fail at internet lol :P

p.s. i believe these are simply a sponge filter, see them in alot of jdm cars (greddy's mushroom filters etc i think are the same design but different shape). good suction and loud as JAP52k mentioned above, but im not sure if they are cleanable
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yes these are cleanable. And also come in different grades of sponge, eg. coarse, medium and fine. They are a very good filter, providing you oil them correctly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    nah i went into something else and it was saying they we're universal im like =\ ok wtf do i press lol. shh jae :P i think im just going to stick with the k&n dont think i want a sponge filter.. lol

mines the same as that only my flexi pipe goes to the road and is on an angle to scoop the air up works good.

but im looking into the FIPK as well
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    So i was in my mates s2000 tonight, and noticed one thing in his, his car pulls more then mine? Could this be because i currently have my filter lid off? or the lightened flywheel losing torque? On that matter is it even true a lightend flywheel + pressure plate will lose torque?