Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: k&n

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000

k&n

Well heres the filter and kit i might be updating to whats everyones takes on it? Curious to know if they actually do make 9.55 added HP from 6k onwards anyway.
    http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-3514

Oh and does anyone know of some decent places in Aus that sell s2000 parts? exterior/interior/engine..
    Last edited by F20C; 22-05-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    i tried various different intakes when i had my S. Out of the intakes i had tried i found the AEM V2 CAI was the best. Loud and my butt dyno was pleased....

ps: best place to source parts for your S is on the s2ki.com site. 'For sale' section, since our aussie dollar is now trading at 76c ish its a good time to buy...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    hey fly, how was your prm compared to the comptech? lol i still have the comptech icebox i baught off you like last year,, still not installed.. hahaha Im worried that it will sound quieter then the stock air box off. haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    thanks nvd i tried that one already not alot there though lol. oh and fly how loud is the CAI compared to the k&n i heard one video of the FIPK on youtube sounded pretty nice..

EDIT::::::::::: i've decided to go the FIPK they sound insane.. i've checked up some comparison videos on youtube and the FIPK won me over. Just waiting on a couple prices and i'll let everyone know incase anyone else wants a price check.
    Last edited by F20C; 22-05-2009 at 04:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    do the FIPK have a cover for the pod? guess my main question is are they a defectable item here?
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Yeah let us know the prices for the K&N as im interested too.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Not sure how you gain nearly 10hp with going for a K&N kit, yet taking the top off your standard airbox doesn't give you any gain. Good luck getting 10hp.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    Gut factory airbox, plumb in additional cold air feed and retain factory filter FTW. Cheap, works and no defect too.

Additional feed from behind RH headlight inner guard

Block dampening chamber inside airbox. This helps with that nice induction roar we all like.

Modify inside airbox lid.

How the inside of the stock box should look gutted, filter removed.

Replace lid, warm up car.

Best enjoyed at 9000RPM..........

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSBND View Post
    Gut factory airbox, plumb in additional cold air feed and retain factory filter FTW. Cheap, works and no defect too.

Additional feed from behind RH headlight inner guard

Block dampening chamber inside airbox. This helps with that nice induction roar we all like.

Modify inside airbox lid.

How the inside of the stock box should look gutted, filter removed.

Replace lid, warm up car.

Best enjoyed at 9000RPM..........
    haha ive done that too, but i didnt run another air feed (have a spoon snorkel). did you find much difference in terms of noise? mine is definately still louder with the airbox lid off, however theres too much heatsoat for my liking.

i also blocked off that extra section in the airbox, but i just stuffed it with bubblewrap i had lying around.
    -S15R-

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    Yes, quite a bit louder. The plastic box/intake from stock is a very good insulator from engine bay heat. But Pod on stick, thin wall plastic and metal intake pipes are always louder. I just prefer power over sound but in this case yes it sounds alot nicer.

I do run HKS headers and a single Spoon exhaust so she is plenty loud anyway.............