Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: k&n

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    Hey I am running the K&n in the standard air box, never noticed any difference but I have seen dyno results back to back and the snorkle seems to be the go...

On the heat soak issue ....For me my heat soak has totally disappeared you my ask how did I do it WELL you my believe me or you don't this may be helpfull so .....one day I deceided it was time to check the valve clearance on the s2 as I have not done this for a while I was a bit rusty with the feeler guages and set the valve a bit loose on the honda specs...car ran smooth and then the hot day came well heat soak was worse...checked valves again made them a little tighter still with in honda specs ....still had heat soak on the next hot day.....tightened valves to the tightest honda specs and have NEVER had heat soak since.....NEVER ...pretty good... get out the feeler guages
    heak soak is a result of engine heat being sucked up while stationary. i dont think valve adjustment will make such an impact. the f20c's run quite hot standard.

heat soak isnt a huge issue if your moving fast and there is ample fresh air getting into the engine bay
    -S15R-

Quote Originally Posted by jaeyon View Post
    heak soak is a result of engine heat being sucked up while stationary. i dont think valve adjustment will make such an impact. the f20c's run quite hot standard.

heat soak isnt a huge issue if your moving fast and there is ample fresh air getting into the engine bay
    I thought the same till I adjusted the valves ...I happy when im driving it hard on a hot day no bogging with heat soak for me ,,,,, if no one has tried it does not mean it doesn't work,, give it go
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    ah ill give it a go.

shameless plug but if anyones worried about heat in the intake i have a new hondata intake manifold spacer for sale in the for sale section. reduces intake temps by a fair bit
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeyon View Post
    ah ill give it a go.

shameless plug but if anyones worried about heat in the intake i have a new hondata intake manifold spacer for sale in the for sale section. reduces intake temps by a fair bit
    How does that work?

Btw - I'm looking to get a FIPK kit from the US soon... if you can wait under a month I'll post dyno results