Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro, Civic EG SI

Accelerator pedal not pushing smoothly

hey guys, started my car up after a week of being away, and the battery was flat. had to get nrma to boost it, then get it recharged at an electrician. late for uni. PAIN

then on the way to the auto electrician, i noticed that my accelerator pedal is not pushing in smooth, but mainly in the first 2 centimetres of push, it feels like its stepping through different levels, not one smooth swing. this is stopping me from driving super slow, i.e. in carparks, because i have to get past that step to move, but at that point it is too much revs for the finer slower driving needed.

what the hell happened, advice please!

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    your accelerator pedal is just sticking or your accelerator cale...at the base of your pedal,,where it goes up near the firewall, see if there is some build up.. spraying wd40 will prob help it

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Sounds like its the throttle cable. open the bonnet and get someone to watch the throttle cable movement, or it could even be the spring that opens the throttle body. needs some lube.

If not then look at your pedal under the dash.
    mugen無限power

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    could be your butterfly in the throttle body is abit stuck.

It commonly happens when not driving for awhile.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro, Civic EG SI
    any ideas on what to do if that is the case mugen?? it's getting really annoying..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    You take out the piping from the intake to the throttle body and spray carby cleaner on the buttlerfly in throttle body while having the engine running.

then jerk the butterfly open and close by hand.

hope that solves your problem.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    hey GEG tell us how it goes! I've got the same shiet with my car Lol

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    could be a kink in your cable thats stopping it from pulling the butterfly
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

RR-04-RR is correct. Ive got same problem after leaving my car for 1 month. Spray some wd40 will help a lot. Go under ur dash and spray some wd40 on the pedal's spring, and the pedal parts that goes to body. Then next is open the hood see your throttle body, spray another wd40 into the throttle pedal arm this the picture.

It should work after like one trip around.