Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    Tax issue...

Has anyone ever received car parts from overseas and didnt get taxed at all???
    Personal good over a certain amount is not taxed, I think under $400. However some car parts are taxed. If you freight stuff over it will most likely to be taxed, but if through normal post or small items using express blah blah u probably pay nothing. Big Parcel or heavy things they will most likely to open up. Depends on alot of stuff, if custom like to tax u they will. Plus they do have a records of stuff that comes in. In the end Aus Custom is just troublesome.

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    Quote Originally Posted by civiceg9
    Personal good over a certain amount is not taxed, I think under $400. However some car parts are taxed. If you freight stuff over it will most likely to be taxed, but if through normal post or small items using express blah blah u probably pay nothing. Big Parcel or heavy things they will most likely to open up. Depends on alot of stuff, if custom like to tax u they will. Plus they do have a records of stuff that comes in. In the end Aus Custom is just troublesome.
    I also found that expensive car parts (over $400) sent to me from overseas wearnt taxed if they were listed as a 'SAMPLE' in the transfer/Postal documentation.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    i get taxed on 100.00 item before... believe it or not, they are very inconsistent... and yes even if sample, they want a value for them. either way if u do sample too many times, u will get caught one day. but yes small parts generally okay... big boxes.. they want to have a peep and there u go...
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update