Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GC8
    when i picked up my stuff, i put down a country code which is entitled to only a 10% import duty. However, i was told by the lady handling my document that i need a proof to indicate that the goods is at least 50% made in that country. As i was not able to produce it, she switch the import duty to 15%. The countries code and their respective import duty is clearly stated in the handbook at the custom. Some country like Singapore, for example do not require stamp duty on certain car parts.

countries are categorise into code DCT, DCS, DC .. i remember wat else. and they have different import duty for different parts imported.

more info can be view here http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4401

an example of how these charges can be calculated can be found here
    http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4368#1

if u r familar with what tariff code to use, u might not even need to pay import duty. do a search i believe someone in the forum import a turbo kit from US without paying import duty.
    Last edited by DCLXVI; 03-11-2004 at 11:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    but i believe stuff from HK need to pay 30% sub chargers as i met this before...

Mugen pro copy $1100, full kit not painted

i dont know wether still there in the storage.
    interested?

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    that's expensive if they are not shipped price.

kit located in melby.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    that's good price then....
    but where is the kit come from?

indo. the kit is moulded from the real mugen prof.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    u are suppling or what?

how many pieces?

Tax issue...

Has anyone ever received car parts from overseas and didnt get taxed at all???
    I do believe that not every car parts bought from overseas is taxed when they are freight to Australia.Well, its just that i have done that a few times and i want taxed at all.May be I am lucky but thats not the point now.Meaning that there must be a way not to have to pay tax... Custom are at times pretty lenient. They mostly focus on taxing parts brought into Australia for business purpose but not for personal use.Perhaps I am wrong. Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    Tax issue...

Has anyone ever received car parts from overseas and didnt get taxed at all???
    I do believe that not every car parts bought from overseas is taxed when they are freight to Australia.Well, its just that i have done that a few times and i want taxed at all.May be I am lucky but thats not the point now.Meaning that there must be a way not to have to pay tax... Custom are at times pretty lenient. They mostly focus on taxing parts brought into Australia for business purpose but not for personal use.Perhaps I am wrong. Cheers
    you are lucky mate... custom is not lenient... just inconsistent lol... doesnt matter it is personal or not, they will tax you. lol
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update