Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Aftermarket engine & torque mounts.

Wanting people that have owned different brands or even ppl that have owned them in general to comment and compare.

Even sikaflex (spelling?) opinions please.

any problems that people have experienced etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Any chassis?

I have a DC5 with Innovative 85a. They fit perfectly with no issues except one, there is no provision for the OEM earth strap on the drivers side mount. Car shakes a bit, my CD skips fairly constantly and I think my OEM stereo is about to die from the vibrations. I drive the car daily though and it doesn't bother me much.

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    i sikaflexed mine and its fine, tiny bit more vibrations but nothing to worry about at all. and most importanly, it totaly stopped my wheel hop issues.
    Try it, get some spares from the wreckers and do them and throw em in, if you dont like it, put the stock ones back in.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    If I ever have to pull my engine out again I will probably use all OEM mounts filled with sikaflex

B20VTEC Build Thread

Im using Innovative 60a in my EG, and have removed the oem torque mounts, so im just using the 3 main mounts. Noticable vibrations at idle, but nothing you cant deal with. Drives like stock on the move. Shifting feel is greatly improved.

Car is daily driven, with solid rear trailing arm bushes, energy suspension master kit, 10/6 springs, and the 60a mounts - no problems at all.

Only note is that during install, the oem stud coming out of the gearbox closest to the firewall is too short for the replacement mount due to the slightly different design to the oem mount. The stud needs to be removed, and a longer bolt needs to be used - which is included in the kit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Get hasport mounts. They feel awesome. Plenty of vibration but your not changing your engine mounts for comfort.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Got some Innovative 60A engine mounts, and waiting for my Avid Racing Torque mounts to arrive, will get them installed and let you know how it goes

Been reading up on the Avid torque mounts and most people say they are not for the faint-hearted, Innovatives should be fine for daily use though.

I got hasport mounts in my EM1. feel great, a bit more vibration on start up and when idling but feel fine while driving. Do it!!
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Quote Originally Posted by fat_85_civic View Post
    i sikaflexed mine and its fine, tiny bit more vibrations but nothing to worry about at all. and most importanly, it totaly stopped my wheel hop issues.
    Try it, get some spares from the wreckers and do them and throw em in, if you dont like it, put the stock ones back in.
    Which sikaflex did you use???

would also like dsp26 to answer this please.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i just got some energy suspension inserts for my dc2r..............

kit includes, both front torque mounts and rear engine mount.......

first impressions with torque mounts installed only...............love them, hardly any vibrations at all..............but alot smoother on power delivery................

cheap ass here.
    Got sikaflex 252 installed on OEM used mounts (standard dc2 ITR mounts) for the last 2.5 years. All torque mounts (rear and lower front two) and they are held in strong.
    Been thru probably a dozen drag nights , half a dozen race days and copious amounts of stupid driving.

Cons : vibrates the dash alittle too much , steering wheel too. Once the engine is anything above idle speed the vibration settles.

I advice IF you know how to properly apply (ie clean mounts make sure no major cracks etc) then go for it. Otherwise just buy HASPORT mounts or similar.