Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    IMO, all aftermarket mounts do the same thing.

Hasport, innovative and AVID same shit just different pricing. If your smart, chose the one which is the cheapest.

People chose hasport because its branded .

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    I need something like this

I'm getting crazy bunny hoping at take-off
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    IMO, all aftermarket mounts do the same thing.

Hasport, innovative and AVID same shit just different pricing. If your smart, chose the one which is the cheapest.

People chose hasport because its branded .
    exactly

Hence why I went with innovative. Got them for $2XXaud landed. Cant see how it would have been any more beneficial going with hasport for close to twice the price in aus.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    exactly

Hence why I went with innovative. Got them for $2XXaud landed. Cant see how it would have been any more beneficial going with hasport for close to twice the price in aus.
    Got a link man?

I need new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Got a link man?

I need new ones
    Does he refer to MOUNTS or the INSERTS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Got a link man?

I need new ones
    I got them from the ebay seller in the US 'upgradeautomotive'

Got them when the $ was close to 1:1 though, so they would be more expensive now.

And benny, they were full replacement mounts (steel, no point going billet imo), 3 bolt post mount for my motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I got them from the ebay seller in the US 'upgradeautomotive'

Got them when the $ was close to 1:1 though, so they would be more expensive now.

And benny, they were full replacement mounts (steel, no point going billet imo), 3 bolt post mount for my motor.
    what motor?

N/A or boost?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    DC2R. I got Hasport 62A engine mounts. With them and no torque mounts it felt very stock for me. Only at idle did I notice a little more vibration.

Then I bought some Avid torque mounts and added them on with the Hasport mounts. Definate vibration at idle and you can feel it more when you crank it initially. Driving around, you would not notice anything differnt.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg 454
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    DC2R. I got Hasport 62A engine mounts. With them and no torque mounts it felt very stock for me. Only at idle did I notice a little more vibration.

Then I bought some Avid torque mounts and added them on with the Hasport mounts. Definate vibration at idle and you can feel it more when you crank it initially. Driving around, you would not notice anything differnt.

It stopped alot of wheel hop and tramping though ay, compared to stock?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    If I ever have to pull my engine out again I will probably use all OEM mounts filled with sikaflex
    ditto

sikaflex 255 are soooo hard. if the mounts were prepped properly they will never come off. for those who want less vibration use sikaflex 227. i was quoted them being equivalent to around ~60a

i've tried and even a knife wasn't much help. had to refill a set coz i filled the whole thing at once and the centre wouldn't cure... ended up drilling the sika instead and refilling the cylinder gaps once centre was dried

BUT... the ultimate way to self fill mounts is to use FLEXANE. theres a primer that comes with it that grafts/melts into the oem rubber. once on you will NEVER get this off.

on hi power sr20det setups, we broke other shit before the mounts budged. when i wrote off my nx, the mount housing snapped open with the mount inside intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    also they worked well in my rear trailing arms until they popped out like inserts... i couldn't clean the oem rubber properly before filling underneath the car... would've worked had i had them out.

ended up replacing them with a solid rubber (not poly) set for ~AU$30 the pair. if anyones interested lemme know.. it's a company in Melbourne
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    also the other trick was.. since the engine rocks towards the firewall on acceleration...

all lower parts of the mount can be filled with sika 221/227 and upper parts with sika 252/255 as a compromise on solidity and cabin vibration.

personally i've never tried the 227/255... their all i see now in bunnings, apparently they replaced the 221/252... shouldn't be much difference.

but i've driven a car with those avid solid metal ones... **** that shit... i can almost guarantee you'd break a gearbox with that.

***EDIT***
    or the other way around since the whiplash towards firewall is on throttle back-off
    Last edited by dsp26; 02-06-2009 at 04:39 PM.