Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    So well the OEM with inserts hold fine with boost?
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    So well the OEM with inserts hold fine with boost?
    luke let gasket glue yours!
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg 454
    Would hasports be enouph in a eg with a ITR swap, or would you sikaflex the oem torque mounts to if your serious about street and strip?

Also does anyone know whats the best way to fill the oem mounts with the sikaflex if they are broken like "Alex's", mounts in the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by damo46 View Post
    Would hasports be enouph in a eg with a ITR swap, or would you sikaflex the oem torque mounts to if your serious about street and strip?

Also does anyone know whats the best way to fill the oem mounts with the sikaflex if they are broken like "Alex's", mounts in the photo?
    hasports are more than enough for a eg with a itr swap.
    I personally have and many others have "sikaflexed" the oem mounts (not cracked) and with good results.

You cant really fix the mounts shown by alex They are rooted.
    I strongly suggest you fine OEM DC2R front torque mounts - they are encapsulated by a metal casing (note alex's are not - just HALF a metal casing) and use them. DC2R ones are stronger and better for filling too

Note - to use DC2R FRONT torque mounts on a EG , you will have to drill or shave off the OEM mount plates , ,located on the underside of the chassis rail where the oem torque mounts sit

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i got the hasport 62a... and the etra vibration i got was ridiculous... i know Dean DL001 has said that he didn't feel much vibration with these same things, to me it seems i was given the wrong ones going by what he has said...

My steering wheel and dash vibrated quite heavily, and have only settled slightly after 6-12 months and maybe 5000 kms of street driving...

The feel it adds to the "connectedness" of the car is fantastic, but i still think it was overkill for a street car...

im going to spend a day in the next months ripping everything out from the dash and using low grade loctite to get rid of most of the rattles
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ^^^bloody hell mate.. have fun!

you should DIY document the removal process and which bolts you tightened to successfully eliminate dash rattle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    last car i did this to i ended up selling the car cos the rattles were driving me crazy LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    i got the hasport 62a... and the etra vibration i got was ridiculous... i know Dean DL001 has said that he didn't feel much vibration with these same things, to me it seems i was given the wrong ones going by what he has said...

My steering wheel and dash vibrated quite heavily, and have only settled slightly after 6-12 months and maybe 5000 kms of street driving...

The feel it adds to the "connectedness" of the car is fantastic, but i still think it was overkill for a street car...

im going to spend a day in the next months ripping everything out from the dash and using low grade loctite to get rid of most of the rattles
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    ive lived with the car since new :-) im a bit attached!

i'll take photos and do a diy.... when i get around to it
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Anyone got a photo of where the rear mount is located?
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    on the rear cross member lol
    spoon mounts FTW
    for daily use

Member Array
    Car:
    my2000 type r dc2
    hasport mounts are good the vibration feels awesome

Why oh why do people refer to Spoon and Mugen parts as the be and all of upgrades? They do not manufacture their parts, they're branded. You may as well simply use the part that they are using (rebranded) from their supplier and use it for less $$ ..

Its like the old Mazda 323 & Ford Laser. Same car, parts through Ford cost a fortune. Parts through Mazda on the other hand (as they on sold the parts to Ford) were a lot cheaper..

Do your research is all I'm saying, Spoon is just a brand.