Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dc2r sunroof?

Quote Originally Posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
    I would like to know too as I am thinking of buying a DC2R, but being old and all, want a sunroof
    well if you dont intend to track your ITR and arnt too fussed about it, i dont see anything wrong with a sunroof on your ITR, if its just for cruising around the street and what not...

DC2Rs never came with a factory sunroof (refer to VTiR sunroof fitment/look and feel/etc)

I have a DC2R with a sunroof, it was a Dealer option, and it looks it. One easy test for your mate, look at the roof lining, is it hollow and can you push to the top of the roof? Even the switch, dead giveaway.

Note how the sunroof is not smooth with the rest of the roof.

As for chassis rigidity etc, I can hear the whole car/sunroof creak and feel some flex (could be psychological) EVERY time i go up/into a steep driveway on an angle. for that purpose, NOT having a sunroof would be advantageous?

My sunroof can tilt and open all the way back. Its great for cruising along great ocean road or looking at stars with a partner lol..
    Last edited by SiReal; 27-05-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
    So theres a good chance that having the sunroof seriously degrades the chassis strength? and adds weight that wasnt designed to be there?
    The sheet metal over the roof shouldn't contribute to rigidity. It is the frame around the roof, A, B and C-pillars that give rigidity.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra 1998 DC4
    Well I asked Honda which sunroof the Tegs (if they came with a Sunroof) they said some did as a factory option and they only came in 1 assembly no different, but the best way to tell is open the glass of the sunroof if its got the Honda Badge on the glass its Original(All Original Glass on any car has the Car Manufacture and a Code to match the windows in the car if one doesnt match then you know the glass has been replaced or not the original glass) if not then its aftermarket, hmm my tegs sunroof looks like the one in SiReal's Pic.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    They are not a factory option after that the Vtir has the sunroof same with the Gsi
    the dc2r does not have a sunroof, reason more sporty and weight reduction. also it doenst have sound deadening. hence having a noisy cabin.

However
    I believe the early verions had it.
    im talking about the 98 model ones. they also had 4 stud and i dont think they had ABS.. But im not sure they were real Type R's although when i was going to buy mine i looked at one and it had a sunroof, 4 studs, the steering wheels was different also. and it was 98 model.

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2
    No type r's were made in 1998 acording to redbook.

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_2132 View Post
    No type r's were made in 1998 acording to redbook.
    98 and prior would have been jdm imports...

The AuDM DC2R never came with a Sunroof. It was part of the car's original marketing strategy too, the whole 'no sunroof to make it more lightweight' business.

I was actively in the scene when the DC2 was still in the showrooms, and have seen pretty much every model year of the DC2R new.

The only variant that came with a sunroof throughout its entire production run was the Vti-R.

The sunroof on SiReal's car is an aftermarket fitment, and he's right on all his points.

It's not hard to spot really. DC2 sunroofs all slide up and over the top, but close totally flush with the roof. And the switch for the roof is mounted directly beneath the driver side a/c vent. If you've seen a Honda sunroof switch then you'll be familiar with the font/icons printed on it.

But then back to the point. AuDM DC2Rs were never fitted with sunroofs from the factory in Japan. if any were bought with one, it was installed by the dealer here, and probably wasn't even an OEM Honda part.

It's like the whole Vti-R came with rear spoiler or not argument. They were all available as an option, which you paid extra for and the dealer fitted it. This is why VTi-Rs all have an additional brake light beneath the rear glass, in case you didn't want the spoiler. And sometimes the dealers do a piss poor job of painting the spoiler. The clearcoat on my car's spoiler is starting to show bubbles from dust stuck between the colur and clearcoat, while the paint on the rest of the car remains perfect.

just look on the sunroof see if theres any codes or honda badges , if not then its aftermarket .. unless they installed a Vti-r which i doubt.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    no it did come stock in some type R integras
    have you heard of the limited edition type R they brang out in 2000
    they had a sunroof as a factory option

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    no it did come stock in some type R integras
    have you heard of the limited edition type R they brang out in 2000
    they had a sunroof as a factory option
    Read the thread and look at post dates before you post, this thread is over a year old and the question has already been answered.

DC2R's never came with sunroofs as a factory option, they only came as dealer fitted options.