Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord

Thumbs down 09 Accord. USB Ipod interface not in the car.

Hey guys. I'm a proud owner of a 40th Anniversary Accord however have had issues with the supposed iPod Music Interface it's supposed to come with. According the manual, Accord models should be fitted with a little USB input plug for your Ipod so it can both read and charge your Ipod in the dash. Song information should also be displayed when the Ipod is plugged in.

The AUX is listed in the manual and its there. No USB port, just standard 12V charger. Problem is, I was told this would be in the car when I bought the Accord. A month later, found some time to take it back to the dealer where they were all dumbfounded. They looked at the manual and saw the instructions, searched all the cars (except the City, it should have it but forgot to tell them at the time), all the salespeople started looking for the thing in the Accord models around the place. Looked in to the Euro. It isn't there. It doesn't mention its for Lux models, doesn't mention its for non-Aus models. Like I said, the AUX /instructions are there. If it was accesory add-on, it would say so. The sales adviser at the dealership was also confused and said if it was special, it would say so in the manual. They literally searched every Accord there including a few other cars.

I asked the dealers who clearly didn't know much about the car (lot of new guys had come in with some of the old staff missing). Also talked to the Westpoint dealer manager who we talked too when buying the car. Said it didn't come with it and to stick with my AUX. I asked if I could upgrade in anyway, despite being told it was equipped when I bought it, they said no, go buy an Fm transmitter, change the head unit, or stick with the AUX.

Lo and behold, I went home I found it it on the Honda website:
    http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...es+-+interior#

Applicable for all Accord variants. iPod not included. Apple and iPod are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. Accord Euro model shown.

I've looked at the spec sheet across all Accord models when buying the car. The music interface features do not change. It's the same for them all.

Just wondering, what should I do from here ? I was told it would be in there when I bought the car. It isn't. I really don't want to buy a new head unit to fit this feature. If its not meant for AUS models, why is it listed in the manual with detailed instructions ? Why is it listed as an accessory in in the Honda Website when I was told it wasn't available on AUS model after I revisited the dealership ?

Thanks for reading all of that if you did. Would really appreciate any feedback.
    Last edited by Shpox; 27-05-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    That's an accessory. If you were promised that but did not get it in your car during delivery, get your dealer to install it in.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 TypeR
    if you lift up the middle compartment in between the front seats it should be under there

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Accord VTi Lux
    I'm definitely sure that in 08 owner manuals, it is clearly stated that this and a lot of other features (such as power folding side mirrors, electric rear sun shade, etc.) are not available in all models. There are a lot of things mentioned in that manual (2.0L engine, etc.) which are not applicable to Australian models.

Back in the day, the iPod interface wasn't even a factory option. I think now that they offer it as an accessory and you've been told by the salesperson that your car would include one, you should just go and ask for it!

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5-23NVI View Post
    if you lift up the middle compartment in between the front seats it should be under there
    Should be, but isn't. Next time I have a chance to goto the dealer, I'll check out the city as I know that has ipod integration.

Quote Originally Posted by bbk View Post
    I'm definitely sure that in 08 owner manuals, it is clearly stated that this and a lot of other features (such as power folding side mirrors, electric rear sun shade, etc.) are not available in all models. There are a lot of things mentioned in that manual (2.0L engine, etc.) which are not applicable to Australian models.

Back in the day, the iPod interface wasn't even a factory option. I think now that they offer it as an accessory and you've been told by the salesperson that your car would include one, you should just go and ask for it!
    I think my dealership was a bit clueless on this behalf. They didn't have an idea it was an accessory let alone if it existed. I was told at the point of sale I would simply just stick in my USB and away it went. The car is also a 2.4L Auto. I'll have another look in the manual to see if it mentions anything about the interface.

I'll keep you guys updated when I take the car back to dealer showing them on the accessory on the Honda website. Surely if the manual contents is incorrect, dealers shouldn't be advertising such features.
    Last edited by Shpox; 07-06-2009 at 01:27 AM.

You say this was Westpoint Honda? I'm sorry but that mob couldn't organise a root in a brothel. Plus their sales manager is arrogant.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 09 Luxury Navi
    Hey there SHPox, I think I already covered this in the Accord Euro thread re: the ipod interface but here it goes for your benefit:

The Honda Accord / Accord Euro in AUS never had Ipod as standard - anyone who says that it is, is either clueless or don't know what they're talking about. It was only standard in the US where the Accord there already had a USB cable installed in the car and then you just use a converter to connect that to your iPod.

Now here they've gone on the cheap and just made both the iPod and BT as accessory, as you already know out goes the track, listing etc display for the iPod which was available in the States.

This is also due to different HU used here in Australia - where the iPod interface is CRAP - only as AUX and you don't get to see anything on the LCD screen, same with bluetooth, cheap made in china part that you have to pay $700 - I don't think so.

In the States Accord, the BT is integrated into the Steering wheel itself.

So long story short, you may be able to wrangle your dealer into throwing in the iPod adapter for you, I believe it's a $400 dollar part - tough I know but there u go.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    yeah, your car will have an AUX plug in the centre console, but if you were told at point of sale that usb interface is included, it needs to be included. Maybe you should contact the ACCC and get their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzvtil View Post
    yeah, your car will have an AUX plug in the centre console, but if you were told at point of sale that usb interface is included, it needs to be included. Maybe you should contact the ACCC and get their opinion.
    its in the manual that applies to over seas versions also,
    theres alot of stuff they get that we dont thats in the manual.

If u didnt ask for the Ipod adapter and its not on the contract stiff! Even if it was mentiond at the point of sale, but not listed on the contract u get nothing and the deal is in the clear! Didnt u get an acessories brouchure when u purchased the car? The ipod adapter is in that
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    HI UNLS1, yeah, it cuts both ways here, if SHPOX specifically wanted the interface, then getting it worded into the contract would save any headaches. The grey area here is that the dealer said that the vehicle came with this feature, even tho its not in the contract, it still forms part of the implied (ie verbal) contract, this is consumer law (in SA, not sure about the other states). It would be safe to say that the dealer didnt have any idea of the diff between plugging ur ipod into the AUX and an ipod interface....

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Hey guys, thanks for the support and advice. I ultimately never chased it up or went back to the dealer, decided it was simply not worth the time and the guys over are Westpoint Honda are a complete bunch of buffoons that know little to nothing about the cars they are selling. If you're not buying, it's essentially 'piss off' territory, which I guess isn't something new.

Anyway, could have chased it up but as time went I on, I thought the grounds for argument wouldn't be worth the time or effort. I do think there is grounds for complaint though, specifically if the feature is listed on the Honda website as an accessory (Image is from US Model). As mentioned, there is an option for some $400 little wire that enables some integration... so there is some false advertising, whether intentional or not apparent here.

Hopefully no one else encounters the same problem and I do believe it is my fault for not checking this feature prior to driving the car off and laying trust in the dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzvtil View Post
    It would be safe to say that the dealer didnt have any idea of the diff between plugging ur ipod into the AUX and an ipod interface....
    Despite the salesmen saying it was a matter of 'plugging in your USB', I think they would argue this.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    its in the manual that applies to over seas versions also,
    theres alot of stuff they get that we dont thats in the manual.

If u didnt ask for the Ipod adapter
    Thing is though, the dealer was not aware of the adapter as a feature in its entirety and neither was I, didn't see 'adapter' listed as a accessory in car spec sheet they provided. They did assume that it was a matter of 'plugging in your USB'. Believe me when I say I returned to have literally every salesperson and head honcho searching the Honda's inside and out and scratching their heads when looking at the manual.
    Last edited by Shpox; 05-06-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    Are you trying to say that you should have been given the Ipod accessory? If so and it's stated on your contract go and claim it with your paper work.

If you want to get the Ipod adapter accessory that you pay, try going to a different dealer or phoning up other dealers and enquiring.

And I don't think a "USB" option existed for Australian models.