Member Array
    Car:
    96 EK Civic GLi

[Review] Tein S-Tech Springs

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Hey all,

Just got Tein S-Techs (medium hardness) fitted on my EK so i thought id write a review to tell you all what i think.

I found that they gave the car a nice drop without being too low. I think they dropped it about 1.5 inches or aroudn that...forgot to measure it before and after. They make the car sit nicely with a nice gap between the fenders and the tyre (about 1.5-2 fingers), instead of the massive gap that is there with stock rims.

On the comfort side, they are a quite a fair bit firmer than stock...but not uncomfortably so and is still very reasonable for a daily driver

As for handling, i found that they really improved the handling of my car, the car feels steadier aroudn corners with far less body roll. i find its a whole lot more fun to drive now, allowing a bit more speed around corners. At the moment i am still running stock shocks, but upgrading these to stiffer shocks will further improve the handling, which i will do soon enough.

Overall if you are wanting to get ur car dumped...s-techs are not for you...but if you want a nice drop (so you can still make it over speed humps without going sideways) and some nice handling i highly recommend them. Also they are green, so u can stand out from the rest who have yellow king springs.

my car with the springs (the pic is a bit dark...took it a bit too late in the arvo and got stuck in a shadow...i might take a better pic if wanted):
    Last edited by Huggyb; 27-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Are these just springs man?

What shocks are u running and what size wheels, they look like 17s??
    Anyone selling a black ek1 facelift Hood (OEM)?? PM ME

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EK Civic GLi
    yeh just springs, still running stock shocks at the moment

and yeh your right...the wheels are 17s

hows the s-tech so far? has is sagged much? did u have to change the shocks yet?

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EK Civic GLi
    Still going strong. I dont believe they have sagged at all, or if they have not by a noticable amount as i still have the same gaps all round.

Still running stock shocks and they seem fine, but thinking of getting some koni yellows soon.

sweeet! thanks for the response

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    Hey man just wondering how much they cost ya? Thinking of doing the same with new ES bushes all round

Edit: Nevermind, found em on ebay for ~$370 inc shipping