Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: the new mod

Member Array
    Car:
    EF6/EF7/EG2/DC2R
    As a former spammer I understand where you guys are coming from BUT once posts start getting reported its a mods job to look at the incident reported and deal with according to how it looks at the time.
    If you can't be a good example -
    - then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx Type X
    ok then, would a moderator report involving somehting said against them selves?
    or to the point should a moderator deal with problems that involve them selves?
    shouldnt a dif moderator be involved to remove bias?
    or is that a differnt topic of which i should start another discusion thread?

oversteer....you wouldn't understand.
    ozhonda 4 lyfe!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by INVSBL View Post
    ok then, would a moderator report involving somehting said against them selves?
    or to the point should a moderator deal with problems that involve them selves?
    shouldnt a dif moderator be involved to remove bias?
    or is that a differnt topic of which i should start another discusion thread?
    If you were insulting me and I saw it in the spam thread, I would also infract and delete. It has nothing to do about being biased.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    so ur saying if a cop was to bash some 1 for no apparent reason. then the person made a police report and the cop that bashed him was the one to investigate the case that is fine....

it really should go to a 3rd party that is not involved as it comes to grudges and personal views and that's bias

were no saying its fin to say stuff about mods but a lot of this would not have happened if the mob in question would have not been as harsh and understood our humor and the love in the spam thread... this was all taken out of hand

also im not being racist but i don't get why some 1 not in aus can be a mod seeing as they would not understand us and would have diff morals.

just my opinion
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx Type X
    ok i dont know if u saw wat i said, but wat i was infracted for was pretty weak.
    a bs story that would only annoy a school child. im sure if any other mod saw wat i wrote, they would just keep scrolling down. unless out of no were we now hav robomods who infract any1 who gets outta line, which shows that ozhonda isnt getting anybetter, its now to the uninformed, 'spam and over controlling mods'.

which is weird though, coz i frankly havnt seen from the regulars any posts that would be justified as spam, sure there is a couple funny off topic posts in serious threads, but u get that in real life too, and i dont see boses running round and telling workers to take a day off coz u made a joke in a meeting. all spamming from regulars is in the lounge threads. majority of that is just funny stuff.

but ill say, im not against OH cracking down on stupid threads and moronic posts.
    just against heavy handed reactions to joke posts in the spam thread.

ozhonda 4 lyfe!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Each mod has a different way of dealing with threads. That thread could have been cleaned up or could have been closed/deleted. Both ways are correct and that is the action that the Lounge mod decided to take.
    That seems rather unfair. If it all comes down to Mod discretion how can a user know what is ok. There needs to be better consistency.
    That's the thing. Mods are outsiders as we rarely know what happens in your daily lives and who are your friends/enemies. Hence, fake e-wars will very likely result in infractions. You don't have to live with it as you can get someone to send a PM to the mods explaining the situation. The downside is the turnaround time, so please try not to get infracted in the first place.

On public forums, you should act with manners. It is no different to walking around the shopping mall and starting a fake war with your friend there. Passerbys will complain and mall security will be on to you. Then you will end up spending a few hours explaining to security on why he should let the both of you back into the mall so that you can complete your shopping on that day.
    If a person involved in the argument reports the posts then fair enough but if you infract people in spam where the arguments are very light hearted without understanding the situation that is just ignorance.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo the flashy monkey View Post
    so ur saying if a cop was to bash some 1 for no apparent reason. then the person made a police report and the cop that bashed him was the one to investigate the case that is fine....

it really should go to a 3rd party that is not involved as it comes to grudges and personal views and that's bias
    No, I did not say that. I said that if you want to complain about an infraction, you can PM that mod that gave it to you or you can PM a different mod. I did not say that you had to go through the mod that gave you the infraction.

Also, in this case, the mod was insulted, and the persons who gave the insults were infracted. So your analogy doesn't really apply since the mod did not insult the person in the first place.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by INVSBL View Post
    ok i dont know if u saw wat i said, but wat i was infracted for was pretty weak.
    a bs story that would only annoy a school child. im sure if any other mod saw wat i wrote, they would just keep scrolling down. unless out of no were we now hav robomods who infract any1 who gets outta line, which shows that ozhonda isnt getting anybetter, its now to the uninformed, 'spam and over controlling mods'.

which is weird though, coz i frankly havnt seen from the regulars any posts that would be justified as spam, sure there is a couple funny off topic posts in serious threads, but u get that in real life too, and i dont see boses running round and telling workers to take a day off coz u made a joke in a meeting. all spamming from regulars is in the lounge threads. majority of that is just funny stuff.

but ill say, im not against OH cracking down on stupid threads and moronic posts.
    just against heavy handed reactions to joke posts in the spam thread.
    Your infracted post implied that the mod was gay and was out for revenge because he did not get rear action from another. Derek's infracted post called the mod a faggot. In my opinion, both are serious enough to warrant infractions.

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx Type X
    Your infracted post implied that the mod was gay and was out for revenge because he did not get rear action from another. Derek's infracted post called the mod a faggot. In my opinion, both are serious enough to warrant infractions.
    i still lol at that now, its the spam thread, iv said worse, he should of warned me as it was my first instance towards him. yeah i understand they can be offencive, but frankly unless ur 15, insults like that should be brushed away, not be used for an infraction.

oh well, an instance with him wont occur again, obviously he cannot deal with childish negativity brought upon from his heavy handed moderating.

ozhonda 4 lyfe!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    That seems rather unfair. If it all comes down to Mod discretion how can a user know what is ok. There needs to be better consistency.
    Mods are human. There are guidelines that we follow to determine what we do. There are many situations where it is never black & white, but rather gray so a variety of solutions is possible. That is how it is in life too.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    If a person involved in the argument reports the posts then fair enough but if you infract people in spam where the arguments are very light hearted without understanding the situation that is just ignorance.
    The infractions given out to WITNESS and INVSBL in the spam thread that are being discussed here were not because of light hearted arguments. The two of them insulted/attacked a mod.

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    No, I did not say that. I said that if you want to complain about an infraction, you can PM that mod that gave it to you or you can PM a different mod. I did not say that you had to go through the mod that gave you the infraction.

Also, in this case, the mod was insulted, and the persons who gave the insults were infracted. So your analogy doesn't really apply since the mod did not insult the person in the first place.

ok aaronng would you really have been overly offended tho you know most of us and know how we talk in spam?
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo the flashy monkey View Post
    ok aaronng would you really have been overly offended tho you know most of us and know how we talk in spam?
    If someone called me a faggot, yes, I would be offended. If it was saying that I did not get rear action, then I would let that slip with just a warning, seeing that everyone refers to this place as Ozhomo.