Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG3

Bridgestone adrenalin Re-001 in the wet

I know there's a tyre recommendation thread but this might be more discussion about other things than just the tyre.

I've had these tyres on my civic for a while now and in the dry they perform great. But in the wet they absolutely suck. Wheelspin on accelleration and understeer in the corners. I'm not even talking about hard driving, just a bit more than minor throttle and a bit faster than "granny" cornering speeds.

On a pretty steep incline in the wet i tried to take off really slowly and it was hopeless. Had to take off in 2nd gear in the end.

The thing is i had these tyres on my other car (Echo sportivo) and i never really had a problem unless i was single spinning on a tram line.
    Obviously there's a decent power/torque difference between the cars but the loss of traction was enough to get me worried.

I got a quick wheel alignment and the guys said it was pretty spot on.

So am i just finding out that these tyres are actually crap in the wet? or do you think there could be something else wrong with the car's alignment/set-up?

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by dumped echo View Post
    I know there's a tyre recommendation thread but this might be more discussion about other things than just the tyre.

I've had these tyres on my civic for a while now and in the dry they perform great. But in the wet they absolutely suck. Wheelspin on accelleration and understeer in the corners. I'm not even talking about hard driving, just a bit more than minor throttle and a bit faster than "granny" cornering speeds.

On a pretty steep incline in the wet i tried to take off really slowly and it was hopeless. Had to take off in 2nd gear in the end.

The thing is i had these tyres on my other car (Echo sportivo) and i never really had a problem unless i was single spinning on a tram line.
    Obviously there's a decent power/torque difference between the cars but the loss of traction was enough to get me worried.

I got a quick wheel alignment and the guys said it was pretty spot on.

So am i just finding out that these tyres are actually crap in the wet? or do you think there could be something else wrong with the car's alignment/set-up?

Thanks guys

you took off on a steep incline in 2nd gear? not a good idea.

i have had them on my DA9 for quite some time and they have been excellent both in the wet and dry.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 GLi
    Never had a problem with these tyres. had them on both my s2k and civic. great in the wet.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    What engine do you have? I can take off in 1st in the wet and I have a 2.4L engine. I agree that the wet grip is way way below the dry grip though.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Obviously i didn't want to take off in second...i just had no choice at the time. Big 4wd behind me was impatient.

Forgot to mention torque is courtesy of 1.8L, not single carby 1.3.

So do we all agree i got some other issues apart from the tyres?
    Suggestions?
    Personally i think i should get another alignment from an actual suspension joint rather than a tyre shop as i did previously....but its not like tyre shop is incompetent and it was free anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    control the wheelspin with ur right foot?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF6/EF7/EG2/DC2R
    Moving thread to suspension/handling to see if some of the gurus in there can give more help
    If you can't be a good example -
    - then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    control the wheelspin with ur right foot?
    Yeah its controllable...but the problem is that it seems to have less grip than it should...

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Light car with alot of power and not to mention front wheel drive.

Wont be so good.
    Going uphill a front wheel drive looses less force applied onto the front wheels.
    Re001 arent bad.
    I have bald tyres n i can still drive without spinning.
    All about control.

Member Array
    Car:
    60 EAD
    lol i think its the driver not the tyre here, i have no problems in the wet, been repping re001's for about a year and only look traction when i want it to happen, seems like alot of other people seem 2 share my same view about em, thread closed imo.
    FFamily

instagram - chumdab

i think you will find any tyre will act the same , in the same situation you put on the tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    is it because of ur car are on a bit of camber? which means u have less surface touching with the ground