Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000

Audio System Controls.

How do i get the Control's near the steering wheel to work??
    I've read something before about it but i cant find it..

Quote Originally Posted by S2kane View Post
    How do i get the Control's near the steering wheel to work??
    I've read something before about it but i cant find it..
    why did they stop working

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    if you've changed headunits, you need a DCI, from modifry or elsewhere. http://www.modifry.com/products/dci/index.htm

i have the modify unit in my (IR) and also purchased the adapter harness for easy installation (of both headunit and dci) and am very happy with it
    -S15R-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    sif be lazy and not just use the headunit buttons haha.. unless you like looking at your radio lip :O i know if i had the yellow CR lid i'd have mine closed all the time that thing is sexy.. and yes i know its just a lid but major interior upgrade if you ask me lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    how is it called lazy if the buttons are already there? also i dont know how big you are but for me when the radio door is open i can feel the corner of it against my leg.

its alot safer and more convenient to use the stock buttons, seeing as they are there. whats the point of having them there if theyre not connected to anything.

that said it is quite expensive to hook them up. the dci and adapter harness cost me 180 in total, however i fit the headunit and dci myself so saved on labour costs.

just my 2c.
    -S15R-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Well considering his been doing it all this time, why not keep doing it? i dont see how its not safe.. you press up and down with either hand.. or left and right to change songs? its exactly the same just with opposite hands and one is abit lower then the other. and yeah it digs in my leg also but after awhile you dont notice it lol. and i dont know people are creative these days im sure you can find some other use for where those buttons are. waste of money buying the adapters and what not. My 2c.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    Well considering his been doing it all this time, why not keep doing it? i dont see how its not safe.. you press up and down with either hand.. or left and right to change songs? its exactly the same just with opposite hands and one is abit lower then the other. and yeah it digs in my leg also but after awhile you dont notice it lol. and i dont know people are creative these days im sure you can find some other use for where those buttons are. waste of money buying the adapters and what not. My 2c.
    its unsafe because you need to take your eyes off the road, whereas with the stock controls they are right at your fingertips and you dont have to take your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road.

also with the stock controls you just push one button (the mode button) to change to the next song, instead of having to open the radio door then pressing the button then closing the radio door. in order to use those switches for anything youd still need a dci of some sort.

the dci simply turns the stock controls into a remote control, you pair it with your headunit, and the stock controls then have the same (basic) functions as your remote control for your headunit.

anyways back to the OP's question, if you did indeed change the headunit and want the stock controls to still work you need a DCI as mentioned above.
    -S15R-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    understood, but i dont really take my eyes off the road to change songs or turn it up but i guess it depends on the head unit and how well you know where the buttons are lol. Well i only ever got to use the volume and mute button on mine as i had no idea where my stupid staker was rofl. Then i changed my head unit and i found the stacker -.- lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    lol ive still got a stacker in my boot, dont really need it though and was hoping to take it out of the car. has anyone done this?
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    yeah i have the type S cover in my car i want to keep it closed.. I'm always leaving it open these days.. Plus i think it would be much easier to use the dash control's when in traffic and so on.. Has anyone installed the modifry unit themselves?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by S2kane View Post
    yeah i have the type S cover in my car i want to keep it closed.. I'm always leaving it open these days.. Plus i think it would be much easier to use the dash control's when in traffic and so on.. Has anyone installed the modifry unit themselves?
    i have. its a very easy install assuming you also purchase the adaptor harness (i did, makes it into a simply plug and play).

you have 2 options with the modifry dci units. i purchased the Infrared one as my headunit did not allow for the wired option. simply follow the directions as per the instruction manual when you get the dci, and then select which headunit brand your unit is.

mine is a pioneer, however found out i had to set the dci to the blaukpunt brand other wise it wouldnt work.
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I have installed the DCI on a number of Ss. Very easy install and very useful device.

It adds functionality to the buttons. For example, you hold the Channel button and hit Vol Up or Down to change disc up or down. Mode and Vol Up/Down changes track.

And best of all it has speed dependent volume control. So when you pull up to the lights your GF doesn't whinge about how loud the stereo is.