Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o2 sensor

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe EM1

o2 sensor

hey guys, any tips on what kind of o2 sensor i should buy?

ive recently purchased a second hand JDM 4 - 1 Headers, should i use my stock o2 sensor or buy a better one?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    keep the oem one

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    if there is nothing wrong with it don't bother
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Personnally,if it has 10 years on it,I would change it.

Cost me $110 for a new one.Not sure of the brand.

But....I had problems for a while and the 02 sensor was the cause.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    they wil working alright. but would recommend to change if more than 10 yrs or 100kms.
    shouldn't cost too much and can get from repco or supercheap.
    they are borch oem replacing. make sure dun mess up with one wire or 4 wires.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes or 100,000km!

Nice one Jesmine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    they cost $100, i replaced one not long ago
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I've worked on a 92 NSX with custom exhausts (although heaps cheap looking) and the Bosch aftermarket HO2S's were causing the engine light to stay on. Don't get me wrong, Bosch does make great products. Honestly I believe the way they were wired was the problem. Just be careful who makes the connecters and make sure they are secure.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe EM1
    ok sweet. pretty much ill just keep the stock ones for now. if i have any problems then ill change it. they dont make a big difference do they?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkit View Post
    ok sweet. pretty much ill just keep the stock ones for now. if i have any problems then ill change it. they dont make a big difference do they?
    That argument can go on forever but if you changed it,I would bet there would be benefits. i.e. it would read more accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    That argument can go on forever but if you changed it,I would bet there would be benefits. i.e. it would read more accurately.
    Absolutely -- The role of the 02 sensor is understated. Often an 02 sensor is faulty without actually throwing a CEL Code. This is because the voltage is sensitive & minor malfunctioning of the Sensor will still output a voltage, just incorrect leading to (usually) over-rich condition. This can reduce fuel consumption in our cars (esp when they have had it or are on their last legs) to as bad as 300kms a tank. Even less in some cases (such as mine lol).

Bottom line -- If you have the $100 then do it, and reset your ECU so it can re-trim itself over time. And post up the item you used.

There was reference above to not using single wire or 4 wire, can someone enlighten me?? The dick that replaced mine originally (worked for around 2 days) put a universal Falcon AU sensor in it (4 wire) and now that the harness / connector is gone I have had difficulty in connecting it all.

I know:

1 wire is 02 Sensor Power
    1 wire is Voltage Output
    1 wire is O2 Heater

Is that right? Hmm .. Also problem with bloody 02 sensor placement being on underside of extractors means its prone to being hit / bumped. Why the didn't install them pointing out the side I'll never now.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    That's really good to hear.I know mine caused me problems,like surging/hesitating and especially made me run rich for a long time.

After I changed it,all problems were gone and I had wished I changed it a lot earlier.

10 years or 100,000km you should change it even if you think it's ok.

I was told once 'Never expect an 02 sensor to last more than 100,000km' from a very good source (Transzex on d-series.org)