Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by chee
    make sure you guys are using liquid gasket (i used loctite non hardening gasket aviation spec)

checked the workshop manual on hondatech?
    quite frankly...
    you don't have to use that bolt.
    just when you take off the plug out of the radiator, make sure you thermostat is open, so take it off when it's quite warm/hot, wear gloves. lol.
    there may be no bleed nipple, what you do, is jack your car up at the front, making the radiatator cap the highest point of the cooling system, then put it on stands, start the car with the cap OFF, run the car until all the bubbles have escaped from the radiator.

i found it easiest to use the engine drain bolt and the radiator drain bolt. when i took out the thermostat on my first attempt (was changing the thermostat anyways) i found it didnt get out all of the coolant.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    if some1 asked already, i must have missed it

once the old coolant is removed....

u obviously cant flush it down the toilet....

is there a waste disposal facility? is it the same process for coolant as it is for oil?

good rite up wyn
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Pour it on your next door neighbours garden. I'm sure they'll love you for it :P

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    lol

nah, call me a greenie, but that stuff is toxic

if u chuck it in the garden, itll prob turn evrything around it into desolation
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by krogoth
    lol

sure does
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by krogoth
    lol

thats the idea..... :P

Member Array
    hey guys i thought this would be an interesting read about tectaloy coolants,
    http://www.subaclub.com/TechTalk/morethan.htm
    and also theres someone bichin about the use of aftermarket coolants here:
    http://www.subaclub.com/TechTalk/CoolantCaution.htm

" Good Coolants should have good anti foaming properties. When Coolants foam it affects the operation of the water pump, by creating air bubbles, this also affects the cooling system to dissipate heat and overheating is likely. Secondly foaming can cause more corrosion called cavitation corrosion or erosion, it forms in high turbulence areas, such as around the water pump. A quick test to check a products anti foaming properties is to shake the container, there should be almost nil, 5 seconds is the maximum limit for the foam to disappear."
    Last edited by mj3610; 13-11-2006 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    my radiator tube wen i squeeze it i can feel stuff break off inside the hose... like hard waste... how can i get rid of that???
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    what coolant are you running?
    plus change that hose, it may be on it's way out soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore
    That hard stuff breaking up is rust and scale from corrosion that is building up on the inside of the hose and it cracks and flakes off when you squeeze the hose. It's definitely time for ALL new hoses.
    will that harm the water pump???

once i get all new hoses... is there any way 2 get rid of the rusty stuff from the engine... just flush the fluidz through???
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    yeh i was using water for ages... cbf changing it... but i got coolant in it now...
    *yay*