Member Array
    Car:
    Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust

Side Skirt Damage

A couple of days ago I was driving at Cairnlea and the road was wet. And i turned at a roundabout and my car started to slide and i nipped the gutter. My car made it through alright, but the side skirts have a slight scratch on it. Can anyone recommend any cheap panel beaters, or a DIY way of fixing the side skirt? I did get a quote of about 180 dollars to fix it which is a bit dear, when i'm powered by centrelink.

What is the skirt made of?

As I would on a panel, if its a big scratch I would sand down the surrounding area, apply a small amount of filler (bogg) and allow to dry, **(dont add too much filler as you will have to sand it all back anyway)... Sand back (wet or dry) the filler until the surface is smooth and paint with an undercoat. Sand again, then apply colour as needed.

This is just a backyard job but it worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

And also what colour is the side skirt? And how bad is the damage/scratch? What 95civic saying is correct what you can do for DIY. However you should consider that those wud need to respray the whole side skirt and will still probably leave different color to other body parts.

So my suggestion wud be just leave it if its small scuff. Or do as above if its white or black colour car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
    Its the INGS DC2R body kit, apparently its rare and i scratched it. LOL. Tt is white, i heard that the paint is worth the most. So how much would the paint be worth?

Depends on how you want to spray it and what you want to spray it with... DIY style... Pressure packs will cost anywhere from $3 to $30...
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Yeah as above, get the better quality paint; if u really want to do it, do it properly. You can not undo your paint job. Ask if ur mate have compressor im sure you will need this to do.