Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mc22 issues =/

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee

mc22 issues =/

oks guys i got issues with my bros cbr.. its had a starting problem for a while now.. we originally thought it mightve just been hard to start in the cold or the battery.. today nothing would make the bike turn over..

charged the battery didnt do nothing.. it wasnt as cold as it has been for the last few days.. used the choke didnt work.. took off fuel tank to check for blockages nothing wrong with that area.. took off the airbox to get to the carbies im not sure whether this is a problem or not but when i had the airbox cover off and looking directly at the carbies we throttled and did not see the butterflies actually open? is that normal?

friend of mine goes it might be the plugs are rooted or i've flooded the carbies gonna take out the plugs tomorrow and have a look but can anyone else think of what else it could be?
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

exact same thing with my MC19 this morning ( too cold)

Bad fuel or plugs....change both for new.
    If that dont work look at cleaning / balance the carbies.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    integra
    what if it hasn't got anything to do with the fuel? you must be clumsy enought to flood it. like throttle on when the bikes not even on, trying to crank it then throttle on, what if it's an electrical problem. like the regulator or something? have you tried clutch starting it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    tried clutch starting it didnt crank over enough kicked over more then it did when i just tried starting it normally. thats why im asking mate i dont know what the issue could be. i dont know whether its fuel related or electrical related im not mechanically sound with bikes as i am with cars different ball game but similar theory..

bike rode fine the other day ben kicked over first go even when it was cold.. im starting to think i mightve fried the plugs not sure gonna check that out tomorrow..
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

might want to empty the fuel and fill it up with fresh fuel
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    integra
    we'll if you tried clutch starting it, and with the start button and still no cranking, you might want to check if your battery is 100% complete dead, get a multimeter on the battery test the regulator while your at it, if it doesn't crank its a problem with electrical i can say it can be battery or regulator, doesn't mean you charge your battery it's 100%. it could be completely dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayb3na_ View Post
    tried clutch starting it didnt crank over enough kicked over more then it did when i just tried starting it normally. thats why im asking mate i dont know what the issue could be. i dont know whether its fuel related or electrical related im not mechanically sound with bikes as i am with cars different ball game but similar theory..

bike rode fine the other day ben kicked over first go even when it was cold.. im starting to think i mightve fried the plugs not sure gonna check that out tomorrow..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Sorry for the noob question, how do you clutch start? I've got a similar problem with my mates bike.

1st gear, roll, dump clutch and away u go

2nd gear if ur scared. but 1st in a 250 is nothing

Sounds like fouled spark plugs, its a bitch of a thing to get too. And you need small hands.

But sounds like the plugs to me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    plugs were replaced probably around 6k kms ago though..
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    must be dumb enough to flood the plugs, and you replaced it 6000kms ago, so the plugs should be alright unless you flooded them, nvmee wouldnt suggest clutch starting on first gear,were not all like you, put in 2nd gear clutch in, roll the bike let go of the clutch and accelerate, making sure the start buttons on and not off, fuel tank on also
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

can always sand the plugs